I NEVER Hear A JW Talk About Never Dying & Living Forever In Paradise Anymore!

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Our CO told our congregation that most of us will reach paradise by the underground. He ment the graveyard.

It was totaly silence when he spoke this words.

Gorby

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Clyde and I started a list a few months ago called "Millions Now Living Now Dead." We have 112 names so far of people who thought they were going to live forever but are no longer with us. I'm sure there could be many more names as we were associated over 40 years, but we lost track of a lot of people.

Bonnie

• Magnum
    Magnum

I know a JW who, in the ‘90s at the ends of district conventions, would be extremely disappointed to hear announcements such as the following: “Two years from now there’s going to be a four-day convention and we’re going to bring all the missionaries home.” She thought the end was coming any minute (as I did), and she couldn’t think two years ahead. She would look at me and make a face indicating extreme disappointment when such announcements were made.

Now, she’s still a JW, but is calloused. She no longer anticipates the end with excitement. Such announcements no longer affect her at all.

• minimus
    minimus

I haven't been to a meeting in over a decade. I see JWs because they regularly attend to my mom. I was never df'd but I'm certainly not "in", Kate.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The oldtimes stay because they have too much invested and not enough time to develop options. I think if I would have stuck around 5 years longer, I would be in the same place.

I feel for these folks, but I don't really have anything to offer.

• minimus
    minimus

The whole religion is based on a lie. People WANT to hear how they will have super powers because they are specially blessed by the Creator. Being told, "MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE", is just a pathetic practical joke played on credulous folks.

Shame on them!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

The only JWs I notice who talk about the end being "so close" or that constantly talk about life in The Paradise TM are those who physically ill (the usual suspects: chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, etc.), depressed, or struggling to make ends meet financially, and who therefore have nothing saved for the future.

It's rare to hear a JW that has a decent job, and who is healthy, ever talk about never dying and living forever.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

You are right Min.....Unless it is study material to which they dutifully make their comments, you NEVER hear any of the ones we know talking about the New World, growing younger etc. We (Sis Blues and I) do have association both at the the meetings (groan ) and social, but the conversations are easy because they only talk about the here and now - nothing more..

It 'aint what it used to be!

• minimus
    minimus

BB, how are things?? Good to hear from you!

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Our CO told our congregation that most of us will reach paradise by the underground. He meant the graveyard "___Gorby

For some, the Kingdom took too long to come

Those who followed Harriet Tubman had better luck

They got to see better in this lifetime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit