I NEVER Hear A JW Talk About Never Dying & Living Forever In Paradise Anymore!

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I'm not in for 12 years but I see jws from time to time. Older ones are realizing that they might be dying before the end comes as they lose their physical health and see signs of it. Younger jws still hold to that because their personal death is far away.

A careful reading of what the WTS has said in the past shows "weasel" words like "prospect" of never dying.

*** w05 4/15 p. 5 Taking in Knowledge—Now and Forever ***

Jesus indicated that a similar “day” is coming in our time. Those heeding the knowledge associated with this event will have the prospect of not only surviving but also living forever. In addition, the dead who are in God’s memory will be raised to life with the prospect of never having to die again. (John 5:28, 29) Notice how Jesus expressed these two thoughts. When speaking to Martha about the resurrection of the dead, he said: “He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life; and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all.” All evidence shows that this “day” is very near, which means that you may “never die at all.”—John 11:25-27.

Jesus then asked Martha: “Do you believe this?” She answered: “Yes, Lord.” If Jesus were to ask you the same question today, what would your answer be? Perhaps you would find it difficult to believe in the possibility of never dying. But even if that was your reaction, undoubtedly you would like to be able to believe it. Imagine how much you could learn if you would “never die at all”! Picture yourself enjoying all the things that you now wish you could learn and do but never have time for. And just think of being reunited with your loved ones who have been lost in death! What is the knowledge that might make such things possible, and how can you acquire it?

*** w99 4/1 p. 19 par. 22 Life After Death—What Does the Bible Say? ***

Yes, a great multitude will survive the great tribulation in which the present wicked world ends, and they will enter God’s new world. There, obedient mankind can fully benefit from God’s marvelous provision to free mankind from sin and death. (Revelation 22:1, 2) Thus, the “great crowd” need never experience death. What a unique prospect!

*** w95 2/15 p. 17 pars. 17-18 Saved Alive Through the Great Tribulation ***

Can we have full confidence in this astounding hope? Absolutely! Jesus indicated to Martha that there would be a time when people would live without ever dying. (John 11:26) Moreover, in chapter 7 of the Revelation that Jesus gave to John, it was revealed that a great crowd comes out of the great tribulation, surviving it. Can we believe Jesus Christ and the historical account of the Flood of Noah’s day? Unquestionably! Furthermore, the Bible has other accounts of occasions when God preserved his servants alive through judgment periods and the downfall of nations. Should any less be expected of him in this time of the end? Is anything impossible for the Creator?—Compare Matthew 19:26.

18 By serving Jehovah faithfully now, we have the assurance of life everlasting in his new world. For untold millions, life in that new world will come by means of the resurrection. Yet, in our day, millions of Jehovah’s people—yes, a great crowd that no man can number or limit—will have the unique privilege of being saved alive through the great tribulation. And they will never have to die.

*** w89 1/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Jesus’ promise will be fulfilled toward devoted servants of God who have lived and died before the time when everlasting life begins to be provided. Such faithful ones are in line for a future resurrection. By remaining faithful after they are raised, they will never experience “the second death,” eternal death.—Revelation 20:15; 21:8; John 8:51.

But Bible prophecy indicates that we today have a special opportunity. Living as we are in the conclusion of the system of things, we may survive the coming “great tribulation” and pass right on into the new world. Such ones who have the hope of everlasting life on a paradise earth and who maintain their loyalty to God will not have to experience human death at all. Surviving “the great tribulation,” they will be guided “to fountains of waters of life.”—Revelation 7:9-17.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

So many assemblies are filled with elderly long-term Witnesses. These attend because that is their life's routine. Their children attend out of obligation. Their grandchildren are absent.

The older ones in the congregations sit quietly during studies...or give the obligatory single answer. Desperate, aging pioneers shuffle around in service. Parents and grandparents who did it 'right' according to the Watchtower's guidance - but are now left with disfunctional familial relationships, hard feelings, resentment, depression, stress and chronic physical illness.

ginger

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

All evidence shows that this “day” is very near, which means that you may “never die at all .”

I love that loophole language. If you were to use that in any real life situation, people would look at you like you were crazy.

"Oh, that's a great car! All evidence shows that this car's warrenty still has 2 years left, which means that it may never break down on you. Want to take it out for a test drive?"

"evidence" = "proof". Proof doesn't need couching language.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Gingerbread

I'm certain there were some broken hearted elderly

when they were told it would be an " Overlappin' " Generation to see the end

After all those years of lies like this

Last Days

" The present wicked system of things, which extends worldwide, entered its last days in 1914, and some of the generation alive then will be on hand to witness its complete end in the "great tribulation"______Reasoning from the Scripures book page 234

" The generation " that was alive at the beginning of fulfillment of the sign in 1914 is now well along in years. The time remaining must be very short. World conditions give every indication that this is the case .____Reasoning from the scriptures book page 239

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I can see that in my town every jw counts in the strong possibility of dying in this system when they speak about the future. I noticed that some in their late 40s don't beleive they will get through Armageddon alive. My grandma recently reasons a lot in the following way: "where could we go? the wts gives us the best life we could ever have". It's like she doesn't beleive anymore she would get to see the paradise and is trying to lie to herself that she didn't waste her life for nothing.

• minimus
    minimus

This religion was built on the belief that either VERY SHORTLY, adherents were going to be in heaven or would be living in eternal life on earth, without ever worrying about death.

When people realize they have been BSd, they tend to get mad...or stop believing.

• flipper
    flipper

I think a LOT of JW's, especially older ones are thinking " WTF " ! " I thought we would be in the " new system " by now ! " I know my 89 and 87 yr.old JW parents did NOT expect to die in this " system ". It angers me as my folks and every JW has been lied to and deceived into thinking they'll live forever. Which is physically impossible. No cult can deliver on that promise , not the JW's, Mormons, Scientologists, none of em'. I think lots of older JW's are having a rude awakening at the moment, and those who don't awaken just live in denial about it

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I recently talked my brother into setting up college savings accounts for his kids. He's either a current or a former elder. I don't know because I don't ask. We haven't talked about "the truth" since I stopped going to meetings 9 years ago.

My brother was always the type of person to disregard long-term planning due to Armageddon's supposed proximity. He's now in his late 30s and realizes on some level that the end ain't coming anytime soon. At worst, he's hedging his bets. Good for him.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

You are right Minimus the JW's don't talk about it as they did in years prior to 2000. No one wants to admit it and verbalize it but deep inside many no doubt have lost hope of walking across to the new order.

My own father, after a lifetime in this organization has come to the realization that he is not going to make it. Living forever has become a haze for many of them. So bad so sad

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

I know of a elderly witness woman well into her 90s who looks like death but she doggedly hangs onto the belief that SHE IS GOING TO SURVIVE THROUGH ARMAGEDDON!! I seriously believe this will of hers is what is keeping her alive. She is a lifelong witness. Never married. Pioneered since god knows when. This is what has been driving her for decades and decades and she is hanging onto that belief with every fiber of her being.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit