Critical Thinking from the Wife !!

by TTATTelder 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

The other day I had a couple of drinks and went off on the GB (again), about how they are just posturing and have no clue. I said if they knew what they were talking about we would already be in the new world, but we're not ..so they dont...the end.

Well I got some push back as would be expected, but what surprised me was what she said a little later. Firstly she didn't pay attention to the public talk this past Sunday and instead read an article in a watchtower on stress.

I commended her. The talk was a bit of a snooze and I said "better to make good use of the time in some way"

This is what blew me away though... She was reading in the article about how our brain has particular funtions that kick in during stressful, dangerous, or emergency situations and how that is a helpful, practical part of how our minds were created. The malfunction, as explained, comes in when our body/mind stay in this state unnecessarily for prolonged periods of time. This leads to health issues involving stress and anxiety.

But here's the kicker... she said "Why would Jehovah create us this way if we were supposed to live in a paradise?"

WTH !!!!!!! .... In other words - Why would we have brain functions to handle danger and distress - even life threatening emergencies - if we were supposed to be skipping around pettiing pandas?

I tried to play it cool, but I was screaming inside. I just said, "That is a very good question."

Honestly it shocked the hell out of me. Not only does it speak to critical thinking and doubt on her part, but it is a thought I seriously have never had before! She'd poking her own holes in the theology! Un -freaking-believable (in my world).

What do you guy's think? Have you ever had that thought or similiar? I found it quite a good point especially coming from my uber dub wife.

I just had to share and any thoughts would be appreciated.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Mrs TATT elder- YOU GO GIRL!

Are you talking about the fight or flight response? which is basically a survival mechanism.

Pity it did'nt kick in for Eve when the serpent spoke to her.

Interesting angle your Mrs is coming from.

Hopefully many more happy healthy debates/discussion will ensue.

sparrow

• scary21
    scary21

Great that she's thinking. Every time she does that praise her like you did ( "good question" or "I never thought of that before "

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

What ? That women can think ?

You really have been isolated. Look around you, there are women

Nuclear Physicists and women Engineers and women Architects

and women Pastors, I go to a church with a woman Pastor, she

is very knowledgeable. A women engineer designed the Los Angeles

Freeway system. Christianity is not about where you live, on earth,

or heaven its about a spiritual connection that trancends sex.

Galations 3:28 .... neither male nor female; for you are all one in the Christ.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one

glorious hope for the future. Ask your wife why there are TWO faithful slaves in the

scripture the Gov Body use to establich themselves as eight men God has chosen.

Matthew 25: 20 -…20"The one who had received the five talents came up and brought five more talents,

saying, 'Master, you entrusted five talents to me. See, I have gained five more talents.

21"His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things,

I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.'

22"Also the one who had received the two talents came up and said, 'Master, you entrusted two talents to me.

See, I have gained two more talents.' 23"His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful slave.

You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.'…

THATS TWO slaves put in "charge of many things" so who IS the other faithful slave ???

Short answer; This scripture does not mean what they say it means.

• Comatose
    Comatose

congrats!! Could be step one on the way to thinking herself free. Ask her why skunks have smells, turtles have shells, porcupines have quills, and snakes have venom?

Don't tell her what you think. Play dumb and say you are not sure, its just something you have been thinking about and that its interesting.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi TTATTelder, You should encourage by complimenting her for thinking of something that had not crossed your mind and asking what inspired her to think of that.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thats a great point your wife brought up TTATT elder , theirs hope for her yet. The watchtower organization conditions male and female NOT to think village girl , and when it becomes evident someone does its cause for rejoicing.

smiddy

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

You're right usually there's a cover-all response to any physical problem with the human body that it's because of imperfection and Adam and Eve. Well done keeping your cool, it's very exciting for you!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is a good point. I used to wonder a similar thing - why do animals die? If humans only die because of Eve's sin of eatting from the fruit, why do animals die when they did not eat of it or sin. It seemed that life was perfectly arranged for everything and one to have a beginning and an end.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Ahh that's nice for you. This could be the start of the wake up. I agree with everyone that said commend her for thinking of a point you hadn't considered. It is a really good point I hadn't considered either.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit