Critical Thinking from the Wife !!

by TTATTelder 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

villagegirl = feminazi

The OP it's not about a female who can think great, but it's all about a JW mind who can still think despite all brainwashing.

There's absolutely nothing sexual in OP, only a feminazi could bring such nonsense to a great thread.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Great question and wonderful that you handled it the way you did.

I also like the post about the teenagers and sex drive. Isn't it intriguing when our brains start firing after having been asleep in WT world?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Gypsy Sam - "Isn't it intriguing when our brains start firing after having been asleep in WT world?"

My brain was always firing long before I faded; my problem (from the WT's point of view) was I couldn't shut it off.

As the logical fallacies, intellectual stifling, and simple ignorance added up over the years, the sheer volume of "wait on Jah" placeholder explanations simply bacame too cringe-worthy and frustrating to tolerate. I was always a bit of a shit-disturber, but I knew that if I stayed much longer it would get ugly.

Believe it or not, one of the main reasons I faded before this happened was to spare good friends the discomfort of having to actively shun me, because I knew it would be painful for them.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Ask her why skunks have smells, turtles have shells, porcupines have quills, and snakes have venom? - Comatose

Good points.

Why would God make animals with poisonous venom that can kill other animals and even humans if the original intent was to be in a peaceful vegetarian paradise?

Fairy tales don't explain it, that's for sure.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    You asked if anyone ever questioned things like that when we were in. Yes, all the time. But the only time I actually had the courage to ask an elder was during my baptism questions. Because there was that space where the elder asked if I had any other questions. 1. I asked why there were such things as fleas and Mosquitos, why were they created to eat blood if blood was sacred? And 2. I had read about this flower in the rainforest that would mimic the smell of rotting flesh to attract pollinating flies. Why would God create something like this if there was never supposed to be death? I was given the usual stock answers that the flood messed everything up. Lol. Blame everything on the flood!!!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Hi Faye, 

Another example that I would use is pointing out the numerous galaxies of the universe that have been photographed in the process of crashing into each other. These events are highly destructive with stars and their planets being ripped out of their orbits by the intense gravity of these objects crashing together.

So the question is: Why does God crash galaxies one against the other? Why did he create them only to ruin them? Isn't God a god of order not of disorder - 1 Corinthians 14:33.

By the way, welcome to the forum.  

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Faye - The mosquito thing is a good one. I'm going to use that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit