So how many of us had guilt pangs because our WT was not highlighted?

by cultBgone 27 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

We attended several different congregations in different states, and the one common thread among them all was...if you had your study article highlighted, you were a Good JW.

Honestly, how often did you cover over your magazine when the attendant walked by handing out copies to visitors?

Sheesh. Would anyone believe how weird this organization really is?

• finally awake
    finally awake

I was always a slacker - I rarely marked my magazines. I don't like to mark up books or magazines, it just feels wrong. If I want to make notes, I do it in a notebook.

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

Even as a half-fader I have to catch myself not caring especially when the roving mic brothers happen to be standing next to me.

I know- how stupid-huh!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Well, maybe a little. Finally I became apathetic, if you sit through the Watchtower meeting you are hearing every thing again two or three times, so why waste any more time on the material that you have mostly heard dozens of times already anyway.

• humbled
    humbled

It ticked me off that anyone cared! Highlighting was so grade-school easy to do!

And --YES--I hated to feel judged by the mic guy or a long-necked snoop.

If I had read and looked up stuff I got royally pissed if I grabbed the wrong(unmarked) WT and knew how ridiculously these concerns could creep up on you.

Kind of like having lunch in public with any of my fleshly brothers(NON-s). I felt I'd be judged if any JDubs saw me and didn't know my brother was not just some worldly guy.

SO-Glad-I'm-OUT!

Maeve

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

My wife used to underline mine if I hadn't done it.

Seriously.

She was that worried about comments from the brothers and sisters.

• clarity
    clarity

I know crazy huh? I was getting so that I just slashed a

yellow highlighter back & forth across the page, not caring if

the pen landed on anything at all .....the colour seemed to

satisfy everyone! lol

clarity

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I never felt guilty about not marking answers or drawing moustaches and glasses an all the people in the mags.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

My ex-WT Conductor, who we fondly named Brother Bullshit Brown, swore he knew when someone answered up if they'd pre-studied or not.

My, what a little dick, he was.

I NEVER prestudied after 2003.

What's the point of underlining anyway, that's so kindergarten!!!

The Borg just want to keep people busy doing stupid things.

• designs
    designs

In one congregation we had the Marker Police an Elder who would walk around a check everyone's watchtower to see who studied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit