40 Years Today

by Still Totally ADD 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Yes that's right Reopened Mind and me have been married 40 years ago today. We had a little party today at our UU congregation. We brought wine for the pot luck dinner we had today. We even had our vow's renewed. You should have seen the love from everyone. No how did you do in field service today or what assembly are you going to. Just how lucky we was to have found each other. Many hugs and well wishes from everyone. We even got a card in the mail from friends in our congregation who go to France every winter. It was a very special day for the both of us. No the kids did not even send us a card or call but our circle of friends made up for that.

It got me to thinking about our lifes. When we first got married in our vows it was mentions that we will remain married until god ends marriage for mankind. Also I don't know how many times we was told we will not grow old together in this system or have children or even grand children. All these things others had at that time but we by their speech was being denied these pleasure. At the time I thought that was not fair. Will here we are 60 plus years old, kid's grown up, grand kids and we are looking at getting SS benifits in 6 years. Yes we have to be 66 years old for us. And yet life goes on and this system is still here.

One friend of mine ask me today how I found such a wonderful wife? I thought for a few seconds and said "Dumb Luck". But it was the best dumb luck anyone could ever have. We even had a toast at our party today. Wow!!! How life has changed. Will my love all I can say is thank you for putting up with me all these years. I love you and I hope we can be around for our 80th year of marriage. Thank you all for being here to help us see the light and best wishes to all. Still Totally ADD

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

HAPPY 40TH, Still Totally AAD & Reopened mind!

Here's to 40 more!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!!

• AnneB
    AnneB

Best wishes to you both!

• LostGeneration
  • under the radar
    under the radar

Congratulations! I am so glad you two found enduring happiness together. That's a wonderful achievement. May you have many more years together. Don't worry about that "God ending the marital arrangement" thing. I think you're pretty safe there...

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Happy 40th Anniversary to you Both!!!

LoisLane

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

So happy for you both, congratulations!!!

• millie210
    millie210

What a wonderful post!

So glad you were able to enjoy simple, genuine things on this special day.

Happy Anniversary!

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Happy 40th. Its so special to be married such a long time. I looked into all my Jw friends who married around the same time and for a religion that discourages divorce very few are still married. Again congratulations and I wish you another 40 years together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit