Should Passive Resistance Be The Weapon Of Choice For Those Stuck In The Watchtower Corporation Cult?

by frankiespeakin 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What can a person do who is stuck in the Watchtower Cult movement but don't want to be shunned or disfellowshipped but want to follow a course of passive resistants, like Ghandi did to the Brits to get them out of control over India?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_resistance

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Contributing $$ to any Corporation sponsered causes should be a definate no no. Not paying or contributing for any of their printed material should be a top of the list for passive resistants.

Murmering about the old out of touch Governing Body to lowers moral and is contagious if done judiciously.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi frankiespeakin, Here is my list of how JWs could passively resist the WTBTS:

1. Don't donate to the WTBTS for any reason.
    2. Don't volunteer to build/remodel KHs/assembly halls/WTBTS HQ
    3. Don't commit to remodeling/building a KH unless it is really need and ask probing questions of elders who try to pressure JWs.
    4. Don't make reservations at WTBTS recommended hotels for assemblies/conventions. Find less expensive/better accomodations at other nearby hotels.
    5. Do not loan money to the WTBTS.
    6. If required to meet with elders, meet with elders with other JW family and friends present and in your own home, instead of at the KH.
    7. Stop using WTBTS indoctrinated thought-stopping platitudes when talking with JWs and non-JWs. Help other JWs stop using thought-stopping platitudes by asking JWs simple questions when they use those platitiudes.
    8. Spend more time at coffee shops or going to movies than in FS. Do the bear minimum of FS hours.
    9. If conducting bible studies, study the Bible instead of attempting to indoctrinate non-JWs with WTBTS propaganda.
    10. Do home bible studies without WTBTS material.
    11. Go out, have fun, and associate with more non-JWs than with JWs.
    12. Enjoy time-consuming hobbies.
    13. Get a better education/training so that you qualify for a better paying career.
    14. Partake at the Memorial and tell other JWs you are following Jesus Christ's instructions.
    15. Visit sites like www.jwfacts.com and www.freedomofmind.com to help one criticaly think for themselves.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• whathappened
    whathappened

Now that I read some of these suggestions, I realize I was doing most of these things long before I left.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When I think of the Indian National Congress, I see how Gandhi used British ideas of civility and common law to defeat them. It should be called active rather than passive resistance. I don't know if it would work on the WT. Gandhi admitted he would have no chance of success with the Germans and Hitler. There is a scene in the film, based on reality, where a British judge, sentencing him to prison, gives him homage. One trait is that Gandhi and Congress members organized together.

I need to read some literature describing the organizing process. There were a lot more Indians than British on the subcontinent. I know Congress attacked economic centers. I can't remember if the activity was symbolic (Homespun, salt from the sea) or truly threatened the economic machine.

• metatron
    metatron

Turn in fake field service reports.

If you have access to judicial confidential records, make copies and hide them

If attending assemblies, stay at unapproved hotels

Read "Your Revenge Is In The Mail" if it's still in print

metatron

• humbled
    humbled

I recall that it was necessary for the oppressor to possess a basic sense of decency for Ghandi's approach to work (thus ruling out the Nazi regime or Pol Pot) . The Brit's were sickened by their own aggressions to suppress the Indian's effort's to self rule.

It would either require a polarizing event that the WT/GB could not suppress and/or organizationas BOTR mentioned. The GB would remain unmoved, I am convinced by any suffering among r&f members. But the rank and file might move if the outrages were so public as to be viewed without secrecy. they might talk and think.

I personally don't think passive(if by that we are talking about "secret") resistence will bring the WTSTS to account for its corruption. Those secret things we might do on principle, fine. But I do not see it helping expose the extaordinary lies of the Corporation.

But if that is all at your disposal--passive means--until there is a better plan to rally 'round----Go for it!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ask others at the Kingdom hall if they heard about the $28 million Conti lawsuit in Fremont CA. Can't get DF'd for that and it lowers morale of the rank and file? Murmering is a very good tool to use inside the congregation to get them to loose heart and faith in this new bunch of Watchtower CEOs.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Wish I thought to turn in fake field service reports, that's hysterical!

Everyone needs to be made aware of the child abuse going on, and bringing up the Candace Conti legal award is an awesome idea.

Thanks, metratron and frankiespeakin! Hope you have a great weekend!

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Stop using WTBTS indoctrinated thought-stopping platitudes when talking with JWs and non-JWs. Help other JWs stop using thought-stopping platitudes by asking JWs simple questions when they use those platitiudes.

I like that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit