Scriptural Grounds for Divorce - Unbelievable story

by Comatose 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

I personally know the individual involved closely, this is not a rumor. This is what happens when you let three unqualified guys decide whether or not you get to ever date again with Jehovah's blessing.

A young man finds out his wife is cheating on him by seeing texts on her phone. He knows the person she is cheating with. They are supposed to be friends. He confronts his wife and she admits it and moves out into the other guys home. Over a month goes by with wife living with the other man. The elders assigned say he isn't free because she won't meet with them to admit or talk. So the young mans mom tries to help and goes to wife and asks her. Wife admits it. His mom goes to the brothers to say she confessed. Brothers say "She (cheating wife) has a history of lying. We can't accept her confession to you. Other brothers and sisters have had to wait all night staked out where their spouses car is to prove it. You have to do that or have scripturally based PROOF before he is free." Mom is crying and distraught, has to go pick an elders wife and take her back to hear the confession from the cheating wife a second time to have two witnesses. Then both ladies go to the brothers to say they both witnessed the confession.

Son is now finally "scripturally free".

What a great arrangement.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome to the spiritual paradise.......can you imagine living with these brain dead individuals, for eternity ? Hell on earth I would say.

smiddy

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I am just curious, Where does the son live?

Also why not just get a divorce first without spiritual grounds!

Spiritual grounds just means he can not get remarried but he can get a divorce.

I noticed JWs moms love to be in the center of negative attention. Just part of the dysfunctional group.

I would have left a momma boy!

• Comatose
    Comatose

It's in Nebraska. But that's as much detail as I'm comfortable giving.

spiritual paradise... Haha.

Why all the rules is what I wonder. Why not just say god hates a divorcing and let people do what's right and answer to god. The rules are just so silly. Some dorky fat low education guys get to decide if you can ever marry again? Weird.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So she admits to having an affair and goes to live with this man. After living with him for a month JW elders still do not have sufficient proof that she is having an affair?! Are they stupid? Why do they always have to have more proof than the law of the land demands?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Pharisees.

• KateWild
    KateWild

They are just making things more complicated so they can flex their muscles. I bet he is thankful it's all over now, the only problem with that is he might think Jehovah had a hand in it and now his faith might be stronger and he will become a super-dub, but he might see the injustice and wake up. Kate xx

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I have always considered marriage to be between the two marriage mates period. It's no one elses business.

Unless of course if abuse is involved, in which case it's a matter for the police.

This guy knows his wife is fooling around then I am sure "God" does too. Hell, he probably knew before the guy did.

I don't think he needs to run it past any doofus elder to make sure the facts are staight.

Where do they get off telling anyone who can marry who?

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I feel like the elders in this case didn't know their own rules. Instead of bothering to figure it out they just let the poor dub suffer knowing he has to suck it up and wait on Jehovah.

Elders (including the FDS) make mistakes

Wait on Jehovah!

RNF dubs make mistakes.

Three elders drag you into a judicial hearing because when they get together Jehovah answers them instantly.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I have personal knowledge of an 18-year old jw girl who rented a house with a worldly boy because she moved out of mom and dad's to go to school. The elders said she would be df'd if she didn't move out because even though she swore they were platonic friends, it "looked bad" in the community. They df'd her just for appearances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit