Scriptural Grounds for Divorce - Unbelievable story

by Comatose 17 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

This is what happens when your marriage is regulated by modern day pharisees. I have seen and heard of stranger. Brothers told they have grounds because the wife committed fornication with someone before they were married and she never came forward or told him before they were wed. Lol

Gotta love this stuff

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This is what happens when you empower human ignorance (religions) and socially live within

that supported human ignorance.

The ancient Hebrews lived 3000 years ago, perhaps humanity has advanced some modern social norms.

Maybe trying to emulate the ancient Hebrews might NOT be morally fair or acceptable today.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I know of another case I just thought of. This one is about 15 years old I think. Nice 40ish JW guy marries a 40 year old JW virgin girl. She had never been married always been good. After the wedding she freaks out. Doesn't like sex, decides she doesn't like this guy. Has her best friend move in with them to help her cope. Then divorces this guy and moves away content to be a spinster.

So unless this guy "sins against Jehovah" he will always be single and never able to have a happy marriage, because this chick will never have sex again.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They are cluless and deluded. I know a brother who cheated with another brother's wife. He got DF'd. The effects on the family were very significant. He got reinstated, married an Elder's niece. Put his time in pioneering and got made an MS! Meanwhile, persons such as myself who have NEVER even been publicly reproved cannot get appointed. Yet the GB whine about needing "qualified" men. LOL!!!

It's a spiritual wasteland. The best you can do is keep your distance and limit their involvement in your life by any means neccessary.

DD

• piztjw
    piztjw

You present a perfectly believable story. Things like that happen much more than anyone may suspect. It's not who you know it's who you... It's not what you do, it's who you do.... The previous thread below was pretty accurate also.

Marriage Consummation - emailed question has me stumped.

See my experience post 189 page two.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Jesus vs Pharisees......which one would advocate for such a thing?

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Apostate & Ex-Jehovalarious Meme Collection

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JWmeme/

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Your young man was in fact always free to remarry. The only reason he thought he wasn't was, as you so aptly said, "This is what happens when you let three unqualified guys decide whether or not you get to ever date again."

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed - It's a Cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit