Don't Let Your JW Past Keep You Down!

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know many who were Witnesses hate their past, their decisions, their wasted time.

But you know what?? It's not so bad now. At least we are out, either mentally, physically or both.

And NOW, we know better!

• jam
    jam

A past left unresolved will continue to haunt you if you don't

address the underlying sorrow, pain and anger. So you

need to prepare to face the challenges.

If you can,t do that, get help.

• hoser
    hoser

Its never too late. Colonel sanders started KFC when he was 62

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I guess it sounds cheesy but I like the following line:

The past is history

The future, a mistery

But today is a gift, that is why they call it "the present".

Be happy y'all!!

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Minimus

I know many who were Witnesses hate their past, their decisions, their wasted time.

But you know what?? It's not so bad now. At least we are out, either mentally, physically or both.

Absolutely! We can rejoice in being out, even more so if we also recognise that Christianity itself is just another human attempt to come to grips with the reality of life.

I lived and breathed 'the truth' (as they like to call it) for 40 years, from the time I got caught up in it to the time that I escaped, given a helping hand on the day they disfellowhipped me.

It was expected that I would soon buckle and crawl back, repentantly. As soon as I recovered my equilibrium, I decided I would make up for lost time. And, I've never been happier.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

My only regret, as I have said before, was not to give some of those dickheads, a piece of my mind.Tell them what I REALLY thought of them!!! But, as the old saying goes, "every dog has it's day".

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

P.s woof woof

• minimus
    minimus

It's a dog eat dog world out there.

• pronomono
    pronomono

Good advice. Unfortunately, it's easier said than done.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

LOL @Quelly, in a way I would love to say something like "Oh , go away, you silly little man" to an Elder who tried to Df me or whatever.

But in reality, I am way beyond feeling much at all about the local R&F, except pity, pity that they have to endure all the burden of being a JW for absolutely no reward.

As Min says in the O.P, we know better. We know now that all of the fears we had of Armageddon, or falling foul of some nasty Sky-daddy called Big J, or not doing all of the myriad of things the WT demanded of us, all of that is the most utter nonsense and garbage.

We are now free !! we have no artificial burdens laid upon us, we can enjoy life, we can enjoy all the wonderful people in this world, we can make this world a better place.

Our opportunities are endless, we could even start something as Tacky as KFC, and make people like a certain poster who lives in the wild outbacks of Canada a happy man, as long as we gave him loads of Molson beer to wash it down with ! hi Outlaw !

Whatever, I agree wholeheartedly with the thread Title: DON'T LET YOUR JW PAST GET YOU DOWN !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit