Don't Let Your JW Past Keep You Down!

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Be happy that you have weekends off!!!!

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

It's true. It's the past, there's nothing you can do. Talk to a psychologist about it, find ways to deal with and move on. Focus on the present and the future.

Minimus - every weekend I feel so free and happy, Sunday's especially feel like a gift!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I think the thing that makes it hard for some X-JW's to move on is because there is no one who will admit to, or take any responsibility for the damage the organizations mistakes have caused them. It's a faceless machine, no one claims to write the articles or set the policies or feels any need to explain themselves even in the face of overwhelming evidence that millions have had their lives and families forever altered after being involved with JW's. Once you leave or are asked to leave, it's as if your past never existed. You are in a no man's land.

I used to wonder why former Witnesses used to picket outside Assemblies, because it made them appear so imbalanced. But now I realize that back in the day, before the Internet, they had no other voice and had to resort to drastic means to quell the anger they felt over the wrongs that had been done to them. At least we can "vent" here and we are somewhat vindicated by the negative exposure the Watchtower Society has been experiencing lately.

If they'd just once admit in their literature or from the platform that they did mislead people with their past prophecies and that serious damage indeed has been done to those who were wronged by their policies, most of us could complete the healing process and they'd never hear a word about it, from us again. We'd have the satisfaction that our former friends and family members would know that we had a legitimate reason for our actions and we aren't simply being rebellious, uncooperative or under the influence of Satan.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I agree, exwhyzee.... people need to vent, have support, have proof of reality.

I am grateful people have shared their stories here, it helps a lot!

You are not crazy, as the WT would have you believe, it really did happen.

What the WT does is very, very cold hearted and mean.

I read an article about a man who was locked on a ship, had to devise a plan to escape... from Scientology!!

Other people have missed childhoods & were bitter because of going to Catholic Schools, mean Nuns, pedophile priests.. Then their are the Muslim with many traditions, Chinese people being oppressed, Iran, Korea, Russia, Germany, India... what if we had grown up under these circumstances?

Yes, let's support each other, help each other out of this mess, and live life to the full!!!

cha ching!

• MTSman
    MTSman

It must have been Jehovah's holy spirit leading me to this forum. I was just thinking about how much I wasted my youth. I'm a junior at an Ivy League school, very proud of that,the first and lest likely to have gotten a college degree, however for the next year I will have to work a shitty job, and every day I clock in I fume with hatred for this fucking religion. I should've done this years ago,but I have no one to blame but me. I should've done what I wanted to have done instead of going with this mind numbing dumbed down life. Anyway, things are looking great, I've secured a satisfying job upon graduating, and most of all I have self worth and satisfaction,which is more than I had living a life of utter poverty,and pretend happiness. GOD this is going to be a Long year!

• cha ching
    cha ching

Congratulations MTSman!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Still, it's never too late to get a better education, take courses that interest you, enjoy a hobby and so forth. Granted, we might have not been allowed to experience certain things but now, it's something we could get involved with. Just do it.....

• SophieG
    SophieG

*pokes head in forum and whispers*

the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror!

*smiles and quietly closes the door*

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Hahaaaa well contributed Sophie! >writes down Sophie g's words of wisdom to pass off as my own eventually<

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It still affects you. First, you lost opportunities that cannot be regained. Yes, better late than never. However, I could only imagine if I would have put all the money I wasted as a jokehovian into silver back when it was under 5 toilet papers an ounce. How many ounces I could have bought with that money, when added to what I now have, would have been better than what I have alone. Of course, what I now have is better than none at all.

Also, your past can come back to haunt you. You were at boasting sessions, often when they were beating up on people for being rich. Poverty was exalted. They treated it as a virtue, and sacrificing your time to pious-sneer was "the thing to do". Beyond the time you may have wasted in field circus, you were being programmed to think of time and/or money as items that could bar you from salvation. You may be out now, but that program has attached to your soul. You are still being held down by that programming, even though you are not making it worse by being there today. You already had the programming that fun is bad, which is still affecting you to this day (though you are not making it worse by going to those damnation sessions now). This programming can make things more difficult in the next life as well--again, though not as bad as it would if you continue attending the boasting sessions or reading the littera-trash and abiding by the rotten advice contained therein.

Perhaps most frightening is, what if the washtowel starts treating your dedication as a contract with the baptism a signature? You are basically up sxxx creek without a paddle, in a barbed wire canoe. A bad judge that upholds this could court-order you to support joke-hova to your absolute ability, and a hounder can then take you back for contempt of court charges with civil or criminal charges, or even drug you into compliance, if you are not doing everything you absolutely can. Think it can't happen? I have heard of people being sued for more stupid things than that--Michael Jackson was sued on made-up charges, and later found innocent after having his life ruined and his riches drained (and murdered later). If the King of Pop can be sued on made-up charges, then for sure the washtowel can sue (or have someone else sue) for breach of a presumed contract, and who knows what else. And don't say that "You didn't know". A judge will say "You should have read up on the facts before being baptized." With Saturn headed for Sagittarius, do not rule out this possibility--desperate religions will try desperate things to force people to stay in or return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit