Guy Hollis Pierce. 1st marriage at age 21 to a Divorcee with children.

by LoisLane looking for Superman 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Sounds like a whole lot of lust from the JW view. I wonder how he overcame this blotch on his record. Did they want someone with tons of children for diversity reasons. When I was a Witness, marrying a divorced woman would put you on the slow boat to nowhere. One rule for the rank and file and another for the GB. How could he support a family? He would have trouble carving out time to parent. Oh, how the sisters would carry on about this.

Honestly, his personal life would cause comment in a mainstream church.

Do we know what areas GB members address? Is the work split up according to interest or expertise? We only had Knorr (organization) and Franz (theology?)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

------>>> ILoveTTATT ... I PM'd you.

LoisLane

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Lois, thanks for sharing. Good stuff!

What is your source for this info?

• hoser
    hoser

The official obit on jw.Org doesnt mention any of this.

I thought I was obeying "God" when I did not seek a divorce on my wedding night.

I thought I was obeying "God" and did not want to hurt "God's" feelings so did not seek a divorce in the 1970's or the 1980's or the 1990's etc.

The Watch Tower Organization wants it's robots to look shining clean and respectable. (Think no wearing of jeans around Beth-hell).

The sister's that I knew that were given hassels like myself, that were counciled like myself that No Matter What... Do Not Get A Divorce... Endure... Endure... Endure

and being constantly reminded not to hurt jehovah's feelings???

Just keep praying to jehovah for help... WHAT A CRUEL AND HEARTLESS JOKE!!!

How do you think I felt when I realized GB member Guy Pierce did not take Watch Tower advise??? But got divorced???

LoisLane

• steve2
    steve2

To be fair, we do not know the reason for the divorce in 76. It may well have been that his then spouse had committed adultery - which from a "Biblical" perspective would free him to divorce and subsequently remarry - although the proximity of the remarriage to the divorce raises some interesting thoughts!

I submitted the Documents pertaining to the above information on a new thread 2 hours ago.

LoisLane

• pbrow
    pbrow

One more grave to piss on.

Good riddance

pbrow

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

What on Earth is "interesting" about this?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I am more interested in his Mormon background. That has to be a first, for a governing body member to be a former Mormon. Hmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit