Just got a call from an elder

by nolongerconfused 34 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

They are doing what they think is right, filling a task list of "weak ones". Just ignore it, unless it is a friend worth calling back to say hello. If he does the whole memorial thing, just be quite shocked and say "wait......did you just call me because memorial is coming up? Thats it!?" Then get off the phone and reiterate that if you want to talk to MR (not brother), so and so, that I will reach out.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

cult Bgone-- yikes, thats creepy.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Snare&racket--"Ever day my old belief system seems wierder and wierder"

You took the words out of my mouth. I don't come on this website very often due to being so busy, but when I do-- I am so amazed that I used to think the JW lifestyle was normal.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I would be very suspicious as that does not even look like a real phone number.

NJY

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Snare&Racket - I so totally agree, I look back and have a hard time believing that I ever managed to swallow the things offered up as truth. I guess we are all examples that even intelligent people can be fooled by emotionalism and twisted logic.

I'm embarrassed that I used to defend this bizarro religion to people I worked with. Almost want to contact many of them and say, hey, I'm not as nuts as I used to be...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit