Photography and HDR

by ILoveTTATT 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I've tried it out since reading your thread. I'm not noticing a huge difference, but I've only tried with my iPhone.

i have yet to successfully add a photo here from my iPad.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Yeah... the HDR from the iphone doesn't quite work... Same with the one on the ipad. It takes some time to make a great HDR.

Do you have an actual standalone digital camera?

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I gave mine to my mom, but my teen daughter recently received one as a gift. I'll give it a shot. :)

I'm in sunny Florida and my iPhone honestly takes great shots, but when I go on vacations outside of Florida I enjoy a real camera.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi Gypsy Sam... with all due respect, I disagree with that statement.

Here is a comparison of a picture of the same place taken with an iPhone (I can't recall if the HDR was on but it wouldn't have improved much), and with my camera and then doing the HDR process:

iPhone:

iphone

Canon 60D plus HDR post-processing:

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Thank your for sharing your experiences. My sony cybershot only takes JPG pictures but has a Intelligent Automatic, she takes
    some pictures and make one out of them. But no HDR cam.

So at the moment I am trying to reproduce e.g.the Jill Greenberg effect or fake HDR effect with GiMP and Photoshop while
    following the tips in the youtube tutorials and so I am learning so many things about aperture, exposure, shadows and lights,
    color range, ... I should attend a professional seminar.

Greetings

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

I'm a professional photographer.

www.bradmustow.com

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

We have a photo gourou at work who always talks about the "holy trinity" of photography...shutter speed, aperture and ISO...Manually setting up to take a photo remains an art! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Regarding the co$t of digital cameras:

When Gillette introduced the "safety razor" - the one your grandpa used that took replaceable double-edged blades, called "safety" because with these blades properly installed in the handle you could not slash your throat inadvertently... but I digress. My point was that Gillette knew that if he priced the handles at a "bargain" price he would develop a great crowd of customers who would be committed to buying the disposable blades over and over and over and over again.

George Eastman had a similar insight when it came to popularizing photography for the masses. He sold the cameras at a relatively low price, knowing that those customers would have to buy film over and over and over and over again if they wanted to actually get photos out of the little magic box.

Now with digital photography the game is changed just a little. You don't have to buy film - the electronic detector is ALL THE FILM YOU WILL EVER NEED.

BUT! You DO need to buy bunches of batteries to keep those electronic circuits "alive." Note to self: devise a solar cell that can be used with digital cameras to reduce the amount spent on batteries.

But then there is night photography... LUNAR cells???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit