Gods has a body ???WT says so

by mouthy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

How does a person lie to this?

Hence, the holy spirit is the invisible active force that God uses to fulfill his purposes.
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus

I am ashamed at you people. This is basic JW stuff.

JWs teach that God has a body of "spirit." Jesus was raised bodily -- in spirit. The 144,000 also receive such bodies of "spirit." Such bodies are incorruptible, immortal, and cannot be destroyed. One WT I read says that even Jehovah cannot destroy them as they have "life within themselves." Another says that they are dependent only upon Jehovah for their lives. Either way, the official JW teaching is that Jesus and then 144,000 become "sharers in the divine nature" (somewhere in one of Peter's letters) and are gods in their own right. And they do inhabit "bodies."

Read the chapters devoted to this subject in Greg Stafford's "JWs Defended" for a fuller explanation.

• Valis
    Valis

Anyone ever read Towing Jehovah by James Morrow? This topic reminded me of it....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• mouthy
    mouthy

(As I stand in the corner everyone.Sorry) The guy that called me read it to me wrongly-
    Hilda I love you too!!!!
    Thanks for helping me out -The Star- greatly apprieciate it....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hey, no big, dude. It's not like you're gonna get disfellowshipped or something. Sometimes in our enthusiasm we make mistakes.

I mean, it's not like any of the folks here are going to accuse you of APOSTASY or something. We've all fallen all the way down already, right?

• crownboy
    crownboy

I read the magazine a couple of days ago, and I find the whole thing ridiculous, too. It's like trying to explain where leprechauns go to buy their clothes .

I found it especially funny that they said:

Since God is an uncreated person with a spiritual body, he logically has a place of residence. Referring to the spirit realm, the Bible tells us that the heavens are God’s “established place of dwelling.”(1 Kings 8:43) Also, the Bible writer Paul states: ‘Christ entered into heaven itself to appear before the person of God for us.’ – Hebrews 9:24
    How does it logically follow that a being with a spiritual body must have a place of residence? Does his "body" exist in space and need to "be somewhere"? Did he have to create this place of residence, or was it always there like him? If he created it at one time, was it because he was evicted from some other God realm , where did he live before? Couldn't they come up with something more relevant, or at least proffer better arguments than that? I was laughing through reading a lot of it. And they have the nerve to call evolutionary arguments silly.

TheStar, love your tagline. Can't believe the Watchtower actually said that.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Crownboy,

It reminds me of a time when a dear friend of mine (who's husband is not a JW) told me one time that her husband's biggest beef with the WT, besides feeling some of their theology is wrong, is that "they try too hard to make things fit." At the time of course I was the dopy,faithful JW and didn't see how this was true.

This is a perfect example of what he was talking about.

Regarding my signature, If it wasn't in black in white I would have never believed it either... How far off they have strayed from what the religion was supposed to be.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Mouthy,

No Problem, you are very welcomed. Anytime I can help, I'll be there. No new light in the article but we found lots of other interesting things like contridictions and illogical conclusions. Nothing new but they need to be pointed out for all to see.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I see this post is 7 years old, but I have just discovered James Morrow and his book TOWING JEHOVAH? Anyone read it? Sounds like it might be GOOD - looking for reviews....

• designs
    designs

For all you Trinies isn't God suppose to be a Jew now................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit