Gods has a body ???WT says so

by mouthy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

Saying God has a body is almost as bad as saying God is a Man!

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• Will Power
    Will Power

I sure would like to see the article "who is God?"

They have been trying their hand at this forever. One year he's this, next year he's that, then back to this, they'll never get it straight because just when you think they've got it....bang, time for a new book to get printed.

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

:Sorry Bathroy-that you dont understand my post. I have read the book you suggest- yes it is cheap. but Good. read it.
    You must be a JW right? Arent you happy to see me post new light of the WT?I was with them for 25 yrs- Always told me NO BODY!!!!only Spirit- His body was done away with........Only the wrappings were left ....:

What are you talking about? Are you sure you were a jw? jws believe that God has a spirit body. Jesus also has a spirit body. He does not have a body of flesh. Got it, mouth? No new light from you.

• Will Power
    Will Power

dear hilda

jws believe that God has a spirit body. Jesus also has a spirit body.

These are 2 different kind of spirit bodies tho right?
    Since Jesus is back to being an angel now this spirit is a different kind/substance right? Or is it the brain/thinking part that is different. Or is it size or just might?

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

:These are 2 different kind of spirit bodies tho right?
    Since Jesus is back to being an angel now this spirit is a different kind/substance right? Or is it the brain/thinking part that is different. Or is it size or just might?:

What two kinds of spirit bodies are there, Will. You got me on that one. Jesus spiritual body is supposed to be an improvement over his former one, yes. But we jws do not believe that a spirit person has a brain. Speculating on the size of a spirit body would be just that, speculation, and Jesus might be mightier now than he was before. Jw believe that he is now the "exact representation" of God's very being.

• TheStar
    TheStar

My scanner is on the brinks right now but I will type the whole subtopic.

Watchtower May 15, 2002 Page 4

Who is God?

An Impersonal Force or a Real Person?

Many who believe in God think of him as a force, not as a person. In certain cultures, for example, gods have been identified with the forces of nature. Some who have examined evidence gathered through scientific research into the structure of the universe and the nature of life on earth have concluded that there has to be a First Cause. Nevertheless, they hesitate to attach a personality to the Cause.

Yet, does not the complexity of creation indicate that the First Cause must have had great intelligence? Intelligence requires a mind. The great mind responsible for all creation belongs to the person of God. Yes, God has a body, not a physical one like ours, but a spiritual body. “If there is a physical body, “ says the Bible, “there is a spiritual one.”(1 Corinthians 14:44) Explaining the nature of God, the Bible clearly states: “God is a Spirit.”(John 4:24) A spirit has a form of life that differs greatly from ours, and it is invisible to human eyes. (John 1:18) There are invisible spirit creatures as well. They are angels – “the sons of the true God.” – Job 1:6,2:1.

Since God is an uncreated person with a spiritual body, he logically has a place of residence. Referring to the spirit realm, the Bible tells us that the heavens are God’s “established place of dwelling.”(1 Kings 8:43) Also, the Bible writer Paul states: ‘Christ entered into heaven itself to appear before the person of God for us.’ – Hebrews 9:24

The word “Spirit” is also used in the Bible in another sense. Addressing God in prayer, the psalmist said: “If you send forth your spirit, they are created.” (Psalm 104:30) This spirit is not God himself but a force that God sends forth, or uses, to accomplish whatever he wishes. By means of it, God created the physical heavens, the earth, and all living things. (Genesis 1:2; Psalm 33:6) His spirit is called holy spirit. God used his holy spirit to inspire the men who wrote the Bible. (2 Peter 1:20,21) Hence, the holy spirit is the invisible active force that God uses to fulfill his purposes.

• Will Power
    Will Power
    Many who believe in God think of him as a force, not as a person. In certain cultures, for example, gods have been identified with the forces of nature

Yeah, wonder where they get that idea.
    Hence, the holy spirit is the invisible active force that God uses to fulfill his purposes.

Hilda: But we jws do not believe that a spirit person has a brain.

Intelligence requires a mind. The great mind responsible for all creation belongs to the person of God.
    Is that hilda getting technical?

HILDA: Jw believe that he is now the "exact representation" of God's very being.
    Have they re-worded the NWT again? Is this now referred to the same as written in Paul's letters?
    or is this after 1914?
    Pretty soon their new light will catch up to what Christians have believed all along, (which will be what Charles Taze Russell first taught!) tacky ship.

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

I love the contradiction in that article, first they say, “Yes, God has a body, not a physical one like ours, but a spiritual body” and then they go and say, “If there is a physical body,” says the Bible, ‘there is a spiritual one.’ (1 Corinthians 14:44)” Why are they mentioning a physical one when they have just said God doesn’t have a physical one so how would that mean he had a spiritual one?

Their quote in Corinthians seems to back up the life after death doctrine of your physical body dying and you going off in your spiritual body, leaving your dead physical soul behind—i.e., you have a spiritual/astral body and a physical if you are human.

• jerome
    jerome

Hilda seems to be showing up everywhere.

jerome

• TheStar
    TheStar

I caught that too Nemesis.

As I was transcribing it, I had to re-read that part. My first thought was "What the h**l? Why are they so blatantly contradicting themselves for all to clearly see?"

Has the writing department always written this way? When I was active was I so blind (and/or stupid) as to not see contradictory statements like this in other articles?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit