Jehovah's Witnesses---From Walking Tall To Living In Shame

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Minimus: I remember the days when JWs were proud of their religion, they walked tall and carried their big stick, their bibles, proudly. Now, it's embarrassing for a Witness to admit their faith to others.

I agree, it is an embarrassment.

Br. Anthony Morris apparently lives to ridicule. Herd is very busy reading the mountains of material handed to him rather than the other way around. Sanderson's plastic smile is becoming hard to look at. And so on....

They like to joke well, brothers, you are a joke.

They are as real as Caleb and Sophia. The difference is Caleb and Sophia have a heart.

Frank

• minimus
    minimus

My mom is almost 89 and she realizes it isn't the same but her only comeback is , well, we are living in the time of the end.

Lol....I just roll my eyes.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Minimus: My mom is almost 89 and she realizes it isn't the same but her only comeback is , well, we are living in the time of the end.

Sounds like my mom, but she adds: "We are closer to The End(TM) than when I learned The Troof, and where else would I go?"

I just say, "You're right, Mom!" At this point in her life, where else?

Doc

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

From Walking Tall To living In Shame

Image result for walking tall girl picImage result for walk of shame pic

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The general public has always thought JW`s were a strange group..

i don`t ever remember JWs walking Tall.....Except amongst themselves..

...........Inside a Kingdom Hall,I`m Impressed..

..................WITH HOW IMPRESSIVE I AM..

..........Image result for Arrogant

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Even in the 1980s, I could hold my ground against others in a religious debate. This included deep cat licks, Pentecostals, and born-agains. I never got them to change their religion, but I never seemed to have a problem with these people torpedoing my faith. It was merely a wasted time issue.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I'm too young to remember the early 70's, but that must have been an exciting time to be a JW. The 1980's were the glory days for me. The end was so certain, the generation almost up. The downward spiral started with the change of the generation teaching in 1995, and they just have not been able to reignite the "sheep" since then.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

There was a time when we would attend District Conventions and come away with a book, books, that at least gave us food for thought. We felt we had been given meat. Today we go to Regional Conventions and come away with baby food unfit for mature consumption. But hey at least they renamed it to Regional rather than District now that is something! ;)

What is it they say about lipstick on a pig? Each time I enter the JW site I remember that line: Lipstick on a pig.

Frank

• James Brown
    James Brown

I think the old days defines one as an individual.

When we are young we think we know everything.

When we get old, if we are conscious we realize we don't know all the things we thought we knew.

I was born in. 1952. I don't ever remember being proud of it.

It was always a curse.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Mrs Phizzy and I were discussing this a few days ago, and I remembered how as a young 16-year-old I had called on a Vicar in his home and defended the JW doctrine to him.

I made such a good fist of it that he wrote up our conversation in his Parish magazine, of course he included several refutations of JW doctrine.

But how many 16 year old JW's today could go toe to toe like that ?

As a young adult I similarly tackled a Bishop ! I am embarrassed now to think that they must have seen how ill-equipped I was to actually convince them, but the JW's of my day were certainly of a much higher calibre than today's, today most JW's cut and run if they find someone who is prepared to even discuss religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit