Jehovah's Witnesses---From Walking Tall To Living In Shame

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Magnum
    Magnum

WTWizard, same with me.

jwfacts: The 1980's were the glory days for me. The end was so certain, the generation almost up. The downward spiral started with the change of the generation teaching in 1995, and they just have not been able to reignite the "sheep" since then.

Even though I remember all the excitement and other stuff from the 70's, I was young then; the 80's were the glory days for me, too. I agree 100% with what you said about the change of the generation teaching.

Phizzy: but the JW's of my day were certainly of a much higher calibre than today's, today most JW's cut and run if they find someone who is prepared to even discuss religion.

I, too, believe the JWs were of higher caliber back then and that today most JWs cut and run if they find someone who is prepared to even discuss religion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I, too, believe the JWs were of higher caliber back then and that today most JWs cut and run if they find someone who is prepared to even discuss religion......magnum

Thats very true..But..

They weren`t regarded by the General Public,any more Highly than they are today..

Back then JWs were the same Pain in the Ass..They just stayed at your door longer,to argue with you..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Say what you will, but your average old-school JW actually had a pair.

It takes some balls (and/or a whole lot of stupid) to picket in front of an established church wearing a sandwich board that says "religion is a snare and a racket".

As you once said, Outlaw... "today's JWs are soft".

• minimus
    minimus
    We were trained to argue a point and use straw men and ignore context and then smugly feel we were all that.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yesterday I was driving my sister home and on the main street there set two

elderly ladies at their JW stand. My sister ask "are they JW's". No

sign to indicate who they are. She said for the past few months I have

passed this stand and wondered who or what they were doing,

I have never seen anyone talking to them. That area , very few foot traffic.

Vidiot: we stood out side of the churches on Sunday morning, 1970's.

The scene when Malcolm X stood outside of the black Baptist church

talking with members as they exit the church, that's was us...

The message was the same, "We have the truth and I will show you why".

JW is the truth....

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Something wrong with that picture. I mean imagine having to ask some authority what YOU believe. Can it really be called a belief if it was assigned to you by someone else?

Excellent point. The "beliefs" of JWs are dictated to them by uneducated, isolated, paranoid and delusional psychopaths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit