Regional Convention Program Posted

by kneehighmiah 57 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I only made it to pg 3 before I got goosebumps.

• trillaz
    trillaz

Oh boy, this will make me want to go.. NOT!!

Thanks for posting so I know what I'm not missing.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

When I first logged on today and began reading this thread’s comments on all the talk titles for this summer’s convention, I thought, “Am I being punked?” I know some of you posters have a great sense of humor and can be creative & comical regarding WTS information. My initial reaction was these titles are a mix between genuine subjects, as well as some crazy bizarre sounding ones just for a joke!

I then went to jw.org to check and found out that the talks were all real subjects!!

Over the last 8-10 years it seems anything is possible and can be made into a talk. This will be year number 5 that I’ve missed. Good to know how crazy this religion has become.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Indeed the program shows nothing new and attractive. It is the same repetitive Carrot & Stick, Fear & Guilt, More Service, More Meeting, More Study, No Rest & Relaxation - that they have been preaching for a Century now.

Below is the program how it should look like in my opinion and if it indeed did look like this, I would certainly attend:

Regional Convention 2015: Becoming Ethical Caring Humans

#1 Think Critically as the Bereans

#2 Symposium: Cultivate the fruitage of the Spirit
    - Love
    - Joy
    - Peace
    - Patience
    - Kindness
    - Goodness
    - Faithfulness
    - Gentleness
    - Self-Abuse

#3 Symposium: Love your Neighbor
    - The Fatherless Boy
    - The Sick & Elderly
    - Helping congregation members
    - Really helping non-witness persons
    - Showing Hospitality
    - Caring for others
    - Treat others as they wish to be treated
    - Caring for our Planet

#4 Symposium: Following Christ’s footsteps
    - Developing Christ-Like compassion
    - Not judgmental as the Pharisees
    - No money making in the temple
    - Principles trump rules
    - Doing Good deeds
    - Turning water into wine

#5 Symposium: Family
    - Be a loving husband
    - Be a caring Wife
    - Spicing up the marriage
    - Elders & Elderettes - Family comes first
    - Raising ethical caring Children
    - Supporting your Gay child
    - Respecting your Parents
    - Helping Children use their talents
    - Support your children’s Education
    - No one should have to choose between family and religion

• steve2
    steve2

BTTT

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is one wastefest I sure want to miss. By the looks of the program, it is a three day damnation working. You are getting a combination of poverty, celibacy, and sickness working in one. The kingdom they are seeking is one of being enslaved under pure communism, even worse than the Soviet Union under Stalin or today's North Korea. Everything but this communist tyranny has to take second place, where it gets crowded out. Placing courtship in second place?? Below communism? That is a celibacy working for sure.

"Those who are poor". I know that those at the top know this is a poverty working. They know they are programming everyone to be poor, and anyone in attendance is cursed to major money problems forever. This curse goes beyond this life into future lifetimes, damning those present to eternity of not being able to shake money problems. All this to inherit a kingdom of communism. Is it worth it?

"Do not give the Devil an opportunity". "A world without Satan." Though I was never drawn to joke-hova or Jesus while I was little, they never gave Satan a chance to connect to me or me to connect with Satan. For sure, it has not been a blessing--it led to getting stuck on Thorazine when I was 3 (Satan would have been more effective had He connected with me at that time). It led to getting stuck with someone in school that ultimately placed a curse in the name of joke-hova against me--by a teacher that wanted to force me and that thing to get with each other. Previously, I did not like that thing but was not fully certain why. And it took learning about Satan--which they are trying to push out of life--to find out why. It led to being rejected by the opposite sex fully, to the point where joke-hova was able to seize on the chance as soon as Saturn was in Sagittarius, with one jokehovian call, the born agains calling, getting into dianetics (Scientology) albeit with no cult guidance, and ultimately into the jokehovians for good all while Saturn was in Sagittarius. That is a blessing? That is what you get if you get a world without Satan.

Highway of holiness, going southbound toward communism. I think I will do a U-turn as soon as possible, going northbound at speeds well in excess of 300 km/h. I sure hope the old 55 MPH speed limit is still in place, and enforced, on the southbound (inbound) part of that highway--and preferably even lower. This is one "highway" that only the outbound lanes are safe to travel, and at as high a speed as possible.

The whole thing is rubbish. Notably, those being baptized are doing it during the day of Saturn, and will be harmed by the energy of that planet as well as joke-hova itself. The whole thing is designed as a spiritual working toward destitution, sickness, stagnation, celibacy, and general misery. And those at the top know it--yet, if I simply recite the mantra "Ohm" (a corrupted version of the "Aum" mantra) once, I can get disfellowshipped for spiritism. They are using black magick on the flock to ensure damnation. If I ever attend this, when they introduce the "How would you like to live without Satan", I shall start a massive round of hissing and booing that will hiss and boo them right off the stage. Along with rotten tomatoes and eggs thrown at them. That smut deserves to be shut down.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Friday 4:00 - "Sacred Secrets of the Kingdom," Progessively revealed. (Matthew 13:10-11)

Adjustments will be made.

• watson
    watson

I wanna go to "Stubble's" convention!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit