100 Years of Rule and the 1/15 WT

by Bob_NC 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

So let me get things straight:

Jesus has been ruling for 100 years, and so has Jehovah now: can any fellow Witness explain to me how we end up having THREE kings ruling over us at the same time????????

Because the following nine Scriptures readily identify exactly who the PRESIDING king of the earth is, and I haven't see any evidence to prove that there has been a triune kingship in existence since World War 1!!!!

Luke 4:6 - "and the Devil said to him: "I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it."

John 12:31 - "Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out."

John 14:30 - "I shall not speak much with YOU anymore, for the ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me, "

John 16:11 - "then concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

2 Corinthians 4:4 - "among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through."

Ephesians 2:2 - "in which YOU at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience."

Ephesians 6:12 - "because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places."

1 John 5:19 - "We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one."

Revelation 12:9 - "So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him."

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

The Searcher: "Can any fellow Witness explain to me how we end up having THREE kings ruling over us at the same time????????"

Great question, Searcher! I like your references.

Maybe they are about to adjust their understanding.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

If Jesus has been ruling for 100 years now does that mean we will only have a 900 year reign if the Big A happens today? It's only a 1000 year reign is it not? I am sure others have thought of this and just like Faithful Witness said "Maybe they are about to adjust their understanding." Still Totally ADD

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi All,

I read the entire article. I know no more than when I started...To: Outlaw....

Who was King before God was put in Charge?!..

What was Gods Job before his Promotion to King?!..

Who Promoted Him?!..

Priceless...couldn't put it any better myself...now how to slide that comment in at the end of the meeting or just in passing. Good AM Brother or Sister, great WT, yep, sure was, so interesting...then I would say, wow, you know, I really didn't know this, who was King before Jehovah ? I always thought he was king or that Jesus was King while God was, well GOD...The Creator, the master blaster, you know, The almighty....Oh well, you learn something new, every Sunday...

The scam hasn't lasted, I know, I sit in the hall when stuff like this comes up, when the questions are asked, only a few will answer, the ones who went passed the fact this just don't make no sense...so the same ones will answer to show, they got it....& what's wrong with the rest of you all. It simple...Jehovah is King...Duh? Trust me, I will hear crickets..asking questions will be like pulling teeth or everyone will answer word for word from the paragraphs.

I did my studies, underlined all the important points, went to scriptures, then went to the cross references...did it all...I'm not going to say one thing...oh, I may read a scripture...we shall see, but it will be an interesting show...

Legacy

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

If Jesus has been ruling for 100 years now does that mean we will only have a 900 year reign if the Big A happens today? It's only a 1000 year reign is it not? I am sure others have thought of this and just like Faithful Witness said "Maybe they are about to adjust their understanding."

I've asked that question to a close J-dub relative of mine. At first, they had a confused look on their faces, then more of a panicked look, and finally they came back with something along the lines of...."Well, he was appointed King in 1914, but his reign doesn't actually begin until his sits down on his throne."

All I can think of is that, after 100 years, the angels who are standing, watching that coronation ceromony in heaven must be getting some pretty sore feet by now, and more than a few probably really need to use the loo.

• pixel
    pixel

WT quote - "Next, the King turned his attention to his earthly subjects to refine, educate, and organize them to do God’s will."

Because obviously Jesus only can do one thing at a time.

"I have to do this first, and when I'm done, I wil do this..because I'm limited by the time/space" -Jesus, acording to the WT/FDS?GB

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I'm actually not surprised that the GB is really emphasizing this whole "100 years since 1914". In public relations terms that comes to mind is "damage control" and "getting out in front of it". If they never made a point out of it, more than a few J-dubs would figure it out on their own and questions/doubts would come to mind. By fully embracing it, even advertising it, the GB gets to take control of the issue, control the messaging, and spin it as a positive thing before JWs have a chance to question it in their own minds.

I have no doubt the GB saw this whole 1914/2014 issue coming years ago and have assembled a frighteningly well-planned corporate organizational strategy around it.

(This may be an obscure reference, or even a stretch, but whenever the GB starts celebrating the "100 years" (starting at last year's AGM, I believe) all I can think of is a scene from the movie "Clear and Present Danger". Basically a close associate of the U.S. President turns out to be connected to the Colombian drug cartels and is killed for it. When the press discovers his cartel connections, the President's handlers' first reaction is to disavow the relationship. Jack Ryan has the brillant idea to go in the complete opposite direction...basically run toward the fire....the result? When the press asks the President if they were friends, he responds: "Friends? No. No, we weren't friends...we were BEST of friends!" It gave the press nowhere to go; no story.

If someone asked the GB: "Isn't it a problem that it's been 100 years since 1914?" GB: "Problem? No. It's not a problem...it's AWESOME!")

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Shrewd analysis, respectfulobserver; I think you've figured it out.

The only exception I take is with the idea that the scenario is "frightfully planned out".

Personally, I have a hard time imagining the GB being able to plan out anything in too much detail; authoritarian regimes are mostly reactive, not proactive, and not particularly known for sophisticated planning.

I could be wrong.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We used to have study articles with substance.

That all ended when Fred died . . . . and when all he prophesied failed to come true.

Doc

• smiddy
    smiddy

You have to laugh dont you ?

Jesus Christ has been ruling as king these past 100 years ? What tangible proof is their of this ? What concrete evidence ?

What the f#*k has he actually accomplished ? that even a gullible jehovahs witness can point to ?

If JW`s see the last 100 years as a successful rule by the King of Kings , I pity the poor bastards after another 900 years of sweet f#*k all .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit