100 Years of Rule and the 1/15 WT

by Bob_NC 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

First, I cannot believe how dumbed-down and simplistic the writing is now. We used to have study articles with substance. The writing style now is for people with slow minds or at the level of junior high students with learning disabilities. Seriously.

About the contents. So we are to believe that the most important event in recent human history has occurred , Jehovah becoming king, and the proof is that there is an organization of approx. 7 million people that 99.999% of the rest of humanity hardly know anything about? I did the math. The organization is about 1/10 of 1% of humanity.

WT quote - "Jehovah has already become King in our day! The thrilling events of the past 100 years are proof of this."

What events are they talking about? An assembly where attendees were told to go out and advertise?

WT quote - "Next, the King turned his attention to his earthly subjects to refine, educate, and organize them to do God’s will."

Where does the Bible say that such a thing would happen when Jesus became king?

WT quote - "By 1919, the “good news of the Kingdom” had taken on added meaning."

Where does the Bible say that the gospel "good news" would take on new or added meanings at a later time? Doesn't the Bible say that if anyone adds anything.....

WT quote - "The thrilling events of 100 years of Kingdom rule assure us that Jehovah is in control and that his purpose for the earth will be fulfilled."

Thrilling events like long-forgotten assemblies and Watchtower articles?

• snowbird
    snowbird

They do like to toot their horns, don't they?

Luke 11:35 "Take heed that the light in you is not really darkness ... "

Sylvia

• prologos
    prologos

By 1919 Rutherford was appointed as the only ever FADS, on the basis of "the good news with really really added [to the Bible] meaning:

"The WORLD HAS ENDED" millions now living will NEVER DIE !" proclaimer book page 426.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

My grandmother was a newborn in 1919, not even crawling yet. She lived to be 91 and has been dead for 4 years.

• Heaven
    Heaven

None of my relatives born before 1927 are alive today. Not one of them. Even my aunt who was born in 1914 is dead.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WT quote - "Jehovah has already become King in our day..

WatchTarded Reasoning begs Questions:

Who was King before God was put in Charge?!..

What was Gods Job before his Promotion to King?!..

Who Promoted Him?!..

Can I apply for Gods Job,if he Sucks at being King?!..

..................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

It is either 100 years of excitement or 100 years of being wrong.

Do you think the F u DS ever sit back and think “Wow we never expected to keep this scam last so long”

• Magnum
    Magnum

If the activity, teachings, etc. of JWs over the past 100 years is the proof that a superhuman kingdom has been set up in a spirit realm, then why is the org trying to hide such proof? Why is it rebranding? Why is it trying to distance itself from the evidence?

see http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/275949/1/Research-Guide-for-Jehovahs-Witnesses-2014-edition#.UyJWn6PD-ig

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Bob: Was your grandmother a JW her whole life?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm laughin' too OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit