My JW sister left JW husband

by umbertoecho 22 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am sorry your sister has treated you badly for years, but this cult has now ruined her life. I wish your family all the best for the future, your other sister is kind to take her in. Kate xx

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

umbertoecho:

You used the correct terminology to express how you felt: "All those damned years that I have been made to feel "bad" and "faithless" have been a scam upon my sense of self as a fairly good hearted person..." This is what this idiot religion tries to do to perfectly decent people: to make them feel unworthy or "bad". This is just a hook to enslave people to a cult.

It is going to take a while for you to make over your mind to have the proper view of yourself as the decent person that you are. This is the biggest tragedy of all this: that you, an innocent person, have to recover from damaged self-esteem because of this sick religion.

I know it's up to you, but, if it were me and I were treated like crap for years, I would certainly contact my sister in a well-worded e-mail or letter that I can have control of without being interrupted to let her know how wronged I was. (Of course this depends on the situation and how bad you were treated.) Remember, you were made to suffer and feel worthless, so don't feel guilty. I don't believe in letting Witnesses off easy for their hypocritical behavior.

I am sorry for how you were treated by these self-righteous, deluded people.

• Ding
    Ding

Trying to keep up appearances adds tremendous stress to any relationship.

Sadly, legalistic groups are all about keeping up appearances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit