My JW sister left JW husband

by umbertoecho 22 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Time is on our side. The edifice of impression management is hard to maintain. As time passes and hopes are not realized yet the organization beats the drum of duty, the rank and file become bored, restless and some even come to see it's been a total waste. If we hang around long enough, there will be more and more and more tales of heartbreak and woe from within.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I hope your nephew recovers quickly and is helped to realise he can live a better life without drugs and JWs.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Do you wonder what else went wrong?

How old is her son?

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

That is a turn up for the books.

Good for your sister, finally doing something "normal".

Hope that your nephew can face up to his problems and beat his addiction.

You can do a great thing now and support them, the opposite of what they got at the KH.

Hope every day gets better from now on, for all of you.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

The recipes for happiness don't change just because you are a Witness--nor do the recipes for unhappiness. JW just blind themselves to reality. And suffer in their dark exclusive silence. - humbled

So true Maeve, human beings have worked out over centuries what they need and I'm not just talking about philosophers, ordinary people have found happiness on this planet. We need loving not judgemental people around us, good food, beauty, music, creativity, interesting ideas to think and talk about, etc. Man cannot live on Watchtower self-righteousness alone. It is making people mentally ill.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

A Google search for 'Religious Addiction' will show there is nothing noble about religious zealots who neglect their own families..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

transhuman68 - "A Google search for 'Religious Addiction' will show there is nothing noble about religious zealots who neglect their own families."

I once saw a Supernanny episode where the family's dad was a pastor who'd spend 24-7 on church-related activities, and send his kid out into the back yard to bust rocks with a 9-iron just to get him out of his hair...

Needless to say, Supernanny was super mad.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

umbertoecho - "I am amazed at this turn of events, as I have always been led to believe that they were a fine example of how complete and spiritually protected they were as a family for being in the JW religion."

It's always - always - the most pious, righteous-seeming, and 'exemplary" ones that turn out to fall the hardest.

Sometimes I think all the pressure to look perfect just makes them eventually snap.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Yes she is in crisis. Be consistantly loving. If she wants truly see - she will. If not be true to yourself and act in a way not to have regrets.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The end-story for another zealot family:

http://amarillo.com/blog-post/jon-mark-beilue/2014-03-14/condemned-dog-reunited-owners

The owners are itinerant preachers in ill health, little income, and with a broken-down car.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit