Please...I need your help

by Strawberryfieldsforever 57 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Well done Strawberry ! I hope she will respond back .

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Good letter. Keep us updated!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Your letter is perfect. If she rejects you over your very reasonable actions, it is all on her, she is the one who is in the wrong.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Just noticed your letter,perfect!

• DJS
    DJS

SFF (love the Beatles' reference),

Ditto re: great letter. The only thing I would change moving forward is do not give any of the JWs power over you by using their loaded language. I would never use 'apostate' for example. That is their scarlet letter. There are many substitutes. Changing the language will help you and it will remove a lot of their thunder.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Hi everyone,

I am sad to say that my Mom never responded to my letter.....I have waited all this time thinking that maybe she was giving it time to think about it. But my Mom was never one to give anything time. She knew in her heart when she wrote me her e-mail letter that it would be her last.

Now I must go on without my Mom. You have all been so kind offering advice and as you can see, I used many quotes from some of you.....thank you with all my heart.

I need to stop banging myself over the head over this and stop crying and just somehow find the courage to go on. It's hard tho when your Mom is still alive and healthy and able to share last moment quality time before one of us dies.....at least in a terrible accident or some trauma like that, you know that your loved one is dead and you need to go on and make the best of a bad situation and get some kind of closure. But that doesn't happen with JW's. Your loved ones are still alive and able to communicate with you, but you can't talk to them. Very unfair....

Thank you again.

Strawberryfieldsforever

• KateWild
    KateWild

I know how hurt you are feeling. My 12 yr old son and I are not allowed to have any contact with eachother, the recent court ruling concluded this. You are not alone in feeling hurt like this. Kate xx

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Sff - I am so sorry to hear this. It is just awful that your mother can behave like this. The worse part about it is that the cult has got her thinking that in behaving so cruelly she is being pious and righteous. It is just so despicable. It is very painful to realise that your loved one places more loyalty with a bunch of misleading and manipulative old men in New York than their own children. It makes me so angry.

Take care and try to get through this horrible experience. It must make losing your Dad that much more painful. Fraz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit