Has anyone accidentally stumbled across someone they knew on here?

by SecretHeart11 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I keep hoping .... maybe one day ... some new poster will be one of my children!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes I have. It wasn't accidental because it was my daughter. Jubilations, I was so happy at her story. She's stopped posting now and moved on with her life.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

There are several members I likely know, or have at least (nearly) met:

oppostate (who I'll see at the next CA...I just won't know it)

zoiks (common friends at least)

CuriousButterfly

coffee_black (common acquaintances)

Of course, we can't confirm our identities to each other for fear of being cut off from our families for the rest of our lives.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

My brother!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I did too, a couple of years ago.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Heven't yet, but it would be totally awesome! I got excited once when minimus mentioned a circuit overseer I knew, we both had the opinion the guy was a real jerk. I would love to recognize a friend or cousin, especially, but alas, no. I'm amazed at knowing how many of us are out there, all over the world, posting and talking about the same things. I love the internet for making that possible.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

I have too. Got reunited with some folks from my local hall that of course I didn't realize were out. We are in constant contact now.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Yes

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

yes, cool experience. I noticed she was from my home state. I messaged her. Turns out we went to the same high school and had a class together. She signed my yearbook! Now we are FB friends. I visited her last summer when I went home for a visit. Her name here is Emma.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Yes I've figured out three different people. One I have contacted after 40 years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit