Has anyone accidentally stumbled across someone they knew on here?

by SecretHeart11 36 Replies latest jw friends

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

Have any of you come across someone on here that they know? I keep hoping and doing searches on the site for people in my area. So far no one I recognize. I have a few df'd friends that I lost touch with long before they were out (two who were elders actually when they got the boot) and would love to find out they were on here, but don't know if they plan on coming back. One I'm quite sure is apostate as he didn't show any remorse for what he did apparently, and the other I'm not really sure, details are scarce on what happened with him.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I have, she's not a very active poster here, but my mother studied with her husbands family when he was growing up, as well as his aunt and grandmother.

• kaik
    kaik

I have not, but I had recognized some names from my native country mentioned in some of the posts here. I have been out for 20 years and I barely remember the names of my old KH.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I have! It was a great feeling. I recognized an old friend from a while back when we were talking. He was an elder. He found the TTATT before me. But I'm very happy to join him.

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

Comatose, that's really cool! It would be a great feeling to find someone on here that you know in real life.

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

Shirley - how did you recognise her?

Kaik - Ive read a few posts where I recognise a reference to an obscure place or Congregation, but no names yet. I went through and read that whole thread that was recently bumped about COs/DOs. I didn't recognise any (except when the GB members were mentioned).

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have. I grew up with the guy. We lost contact when he moved. If you want to fish I could make some suggestions. With out been to specific of your actual location. Mention things like COS DOs, or certain ones who had notoriety. How it started with me I mentioned a brother that i was traumatized by as a kid e.g he was a Hitler. One thing led to another and hey presto I wasn't the only one he traumatized.

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

I have - more than once!! Three times...maybe. Twice, certainly, and once possibly. I would give more information, but people on here are understandably quite coy about having details given away.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i havent--yet. i'm in the UK--living on an offshore island. i know rhere is 1 other member living here--we are friends on fbook--but havent met--yet. others ive chatted to on here recall names we both new in the past.

• blondie
    blondie

yes, I have. Location and stories about people you know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit