Is the Russian action in the Crimea prophetic gold for the GB?

by konceptual99 16 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So chatter on the net and in coffee shops suggests lots of speculation about the re-emergence of Russia as the King of the North. Does this political situation give the GB a golden opportunity to simply let speculation about prophecy fly and keep people distracted from the fact that nothing they have prophecied has actually come true?

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Yeah it does. My parents, and other of their old paranoid JW friends, can't wait to hear news like this. They're just so excited right now. In their mind it's a sure thing the big A is coming right now. And don't get me started on the whole UN criticizing the Vatican thing. That made a lot of waves.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

My grandma is like "yes, yes, WWIII, let it come". They are desperately waiting for something big. I thought that there will be a relatively peaceful period before the great tribulation.

• KateWild
    KateWild

JWs seem to look at every disaster or military action as a "sign". It shows how controlling the BOrg is. I am sure the situation in Crimea, will have some speculating in public talks and others signing up to pioneer or reach out for appointments.

Many saw Sept 11th as a sign, 12 years on no big A.

Kate xx

• Honesty
    Honesty

Jehovah's Witnesses eagerly look forward to the total annihilation of over 6 billion people who have rejected Watchtower literature.

Every time an international incident hits the news JW's get all excited and hope they will get the biggest house in town to claim as their own after God murders the legal owners.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Wait a minute. I thought JW's were not supposed to be reading or listening to the lies of the news media.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If they bring back the "king of the north" vs "the king of the south" stuff, they may also bring back "the ressurrection of the ancient worthies" teacing. That's no doubt part or the reason that they are building a palacial new complex in upstate NY to house those "faithful men of old" who will be ressurrected sooooooon!

Just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The GB will run with whatever they think will give them power and money.

• Skbj
    Skbj

Of course they love to see signs everywhere. Earthquakes, diseases, wars you name it. And I love to dismantle them with science.
    Crimea has been brewing since the breaking of USSR. Two of my good friends are Ukranian and they love to keep me up to date with their politics so this was highly expected.

When will mankind realise history keeps on repeating itself? And yet everytime people act so surprised. I don't get it.

• designs
    designs

Mother Russia as the King of the North was always a good fit for the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit