Try out Ubuntu Operating System

by lambsbottom 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to encourage y'all to try out Ubuntu, the free and amazing operating system (alternative to Windows) at ubuntu.com . I can help anyone if they don't know how to install it.

Also, don't forget to use openoffice.org office suite over Microsoft Office.

Thanks

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Hi. I used ubuntu. I liked it however the majority of the softwares I use doesn't run on Ubuntu and you can't you Vine for everything.

I know a lot of people - friends of mine - who use Ubuntu at work and in everyday life. A background in programming is a big advantage.

When windows fails I always use Ubuntu live cd to save datas from my HDD.

• NotNew
    NotNew

Good susggestion...I use many flavors of Linux...check out this link for the latest on almost all distros..Ubuntu is Top two distro.

http://distrowatch.com/

SW

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Chromium OS is going to be a popular OS going forward. Windows 8 is terrible and costly. Linux, including Ubuntu, can be challenging for the casual user. This makes both of them less desirable. Although I haven't played with Chromium, I hear it’s simple, cheap and pre-configured to take advantage of the cloud. I like the idea but I’m not a big fan of Google using all my personal info. Unless the next version of Windows is a lot better I'll likely be moving to some version of Linux at least on my primary computer.

• NotNew
    NotNew

• Linux is for the enlightened: freed from ignorance and misinformation <an enlightened people> <an enlightened time>***

Once u go Linux...like Ubuntu! u never go back (unlessed forced)

***(No statement or reference is being made to those who don't like it)

SW

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (long term support).

I use this on a laptop I take in and out of jobs, turning it on and of up to 8 times per day due to limited battery life, super fast at turning on and off.

Right, some Windows programs can't run, but for what I use it for it is perfect.

The system is on within 30 seconds, off within 5.

(SSD instead of hard drive)

• cantleave
    cantleave

My son has downloaded this on an old windows vista computer.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Ubuntu is not really trying or hard to use; it found all drivers and networks when I hooked it up.

Including print drivers.

It is fast and stable.

• arimatthewdavies
    arimatthewdavies

hey guy this is ari matthew davies the statesbor pc doctor..I have all the linux distros.ubuntu is not my favorite

puppy linux windows installer is! it gives you the chance to install linux in 30 seconds from windows and have fun

learning it, then if you dont like it you just uninstall it from windows. it sets up a dual boot menue with no

knowledge of linux. and it runs most desktops and laptops fine. it will give you a chance to use wine and see

what will run from windows... but bare in mind that their are billions of free apps after all linux runs android!

now here are 2 good distros to try MINT and Zorin which looks like windows.. if your brave and want the full

most bad boy linux out there its called ultimate linux it comes with every app you can dream up and a hugh

driverbase its ubuntu based but looks way cooler! if you have linux qustions I do email support [email protected]

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

OR - You can get a MAC , which is Virus free, never crashes and is reliable, stable, fast and

blows Windows out of the water every time. But of course Windows was an attempt to immitate

the graphical interface operating system Apple invented in 1977.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit