Do you think not having the book study in private homes has had much effect?

by truthseeker 41 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

There were no other children at our bookstudy and we didn't have goodie nights, so it was not my favorite meeting.

Eventually the meeting moved to our house in a small room in our basement. My sister and I would entertain ourselves by tormenting the old ladies. A favorite was to use lots of furniture wax on the rickety old folding chairs so they were greasy and slippery.

Once we glued a penny to the floor in the unfinished basement entrance. We hid behind some bicycles and snickered to ourselves as each and every little old sister bent down to try to pick it up off the floor.

All of our friends were away at other, cooler bookstudy groups and we felt quite left out.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Getting rid of the book study meetings was the catalyst to me - at the time an elder - waking up. 6 months before the announcement that they were ending was read out, the KM had an article about how important the BSG was, for a variety of reasons. Therefore, to me, the ending of it made no sense; increasing gas prices?

For the first time I realised the GB was making it up as they went along with little consistency or desire to emulate the 1st Christian model. As an elder I was hearing first hand how devastate those in "divided households" were as they would be losing one of the few opportunities for fellowship Ina. Private home.

The GB's decision starred my thinking processes, and within 6 months of the letter being read I had DA'd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit