Greatest Period in World History

by GreenhornChristian 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

Four years ago I was still in the org. completly enjoying an extended coffee break when an elderly (80+) brother coyly remarked with a half smile on his face and holding up his third cup as if to salute his revelation "These sure are critical times hard to deal with."

I nervously laughed along and then quickly changed the subject as a dutiful Elder should.

Anyway, this internet article wrenched that memory out.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/01/29/50-reasons-were-living-through-the-greatest-period.aspx

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Marked. I like this for a Facebook share for those of us who still have JW's on our page that bemoan how awful "this system" is getting day by day.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just ask "what period of history would you rather live in?"

I know for certain I would rather live now than in any other period of history.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

The average newborn today can expect to live an entire generation longer than his great-grandparents could.

Does that mean he\she will live for 200 years?

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

mynameislame, overlapping generation. OBVIOUSLY!!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Like it better now.got the internet, costa coffee and screw top wine bottles.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Thanks for sharing this....good read! Going to follow up with other things Morgan Housel has written: https://www.fool.com/author/1611/index.aspx

• prologos
    prologos

mynamislame: "-- live an entire generation longer--" wt 'jumped the gun' with picking 1914 and having to invent the overlapping-two-groug generation.

had they waited a generation could become 2 centuries, without having to overlappingly laps.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My dad is already a great grandfather. He'll likely just miss out being two times great (five generations at once).

• steve2
    steve2

"Critical times hard to deal with"? Nah. Instead it is more like the better things become, the more critical people are.

"Damn it, Geoffrey, my instant ice-maker isn't working, I broke my nail on the cartridge packet for my new super-dooper color printer and my electronic diary "forgot" to program my scheduled appointments with my life coach and my massage with Martha. Life is fk*g hard man."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit