Greatest Period in World History

by GreenhornChristian 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kaik
    kaik

I love the link. I would absolutely not like reliving era of my parents and grandparents. I would not mind to travel back in time to see how people lived for the weekend, but I have no whatsoever desire to live as people did in the past. While our generation has a lot of problem and stress, and we have not solved all the social and political ills, people universally live better. There are more choices in the stores, better goods, better cars, easier travel everywhere... Can you imagine life 100 years ago or 75 years ago, with a Depression, A. Hitler, Stalin, and other dictators in power. Hell no. Even JW are free to preach their nonsense almost everywhere.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I would like to live in the era of the Middenly Expanse, especially around the 2770's

• steve2
    steve2

I have nothing against caves, fires for heat and dinosaurs to motivate humans into daily exercise (I.e., running like hell to escape death is highly motivating even for couch potatoes). But I wouldn't trade my double-padded mattress, pre-cooked oatmeal and moisturizer for all the snakes in the Garden of Eden. I guess in the Witnesses' eyes that stamps me as bird food. So be it - at least I get a good night's sleep in the meantime and girls envy my baby-soft facial features.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit