Was There Anything A JW Said That Made You Raise Your Eyebrows?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Poz, that's pretty funny.

• minimus
    minimus

Poz, that's pretty funny.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Once, during our hall's quick build, an elder from our congregation told me that Witnesses don't belong to unions.

I told him that was funny because my father, also an elder, was a union member and had been for years!

Then, silence.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

A talk I heard about music in the nineties. The brother went on an on about the evils of rock and roll. Oh yeah, I am going to go home right now and throw away my Beatles records. Then he went on about the song "Mack The Knife". it's evil! It's about a hired killer! Why would any Christian listen to that? Right.........

• done4good
    done4good

vidiot-Willful ignorance bothers the hell out of me, almost as much as intellectual dishonesty.

Basically, those actions are two variations of the same behavior.

d4g

• done4good
    done4good

And as far as an answer to the OP goes, too many to count.

d4g

• Wozwozza
    Wozwozza

Amidst fighting the society for justice over my wifes sexual abuse by her elder father when she was a child ,an elder in our congo put it to me that for the sake of 1 wrongly accused perpetrator of abuse the other 99 should not be held to account ,can it get more sickening than that ?

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

There were red flags raised on a regular basis, when we were bible students.

One that stands out, was when I mentioned that I liked shopping at garage sales. The husband said, "You gotta be careful. You don't know if the people might own a Ouija board or some other spiritistic items, and their stuff could be possessed..." The wife quickly nudged him and that weird comment came to a halt. I blew it off and didn't really pay attention to it. It was so far off the wall. I guess the wife knew we weren't ready for that truth yet...

Now, I hate to say... EVERY time I talk to a JW, they say something that makes me raise my eyebrows (and try not to bug out my eyes or make audible noises out of shock).

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Sure it is something I would never forget. My father was murdered unsolved in the 70s, the following week two elders visited. They stated that it was better that my father died before armageddon because he would probably never make it through God's wrath. They were so kind! My dad was nice to all of them and they pretended to like him when he was living.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

LisaRose, it's crap ain't it??

How about all the killing in the Bible?? They don't seem to mind that. The illustration of the birds feasting on human remains after the big A, eyeballs and such. In Jeremiah when people were boiling their children because of hunger. BUT that's okay cos Jehoover said it.

Baloney!!!

Just going back to my "Call of Duty, Black Ops" now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit