International Conventions for 2014 - Landover, MD - What is an International Convention?

by insearchoftruth 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Have been out of touch for a while, I see that there is an 'International' Convention this year in Landover, MD (Fed Ex Field) and there are no English conventions in either Richmond or Hampton, VA. What is an 'International Convention', is it merely a consolidation of all the other conventions meant to whip up some fervor amongst the masses?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Probably brings in the "cash" for WTS. Or, they'll discontinue them.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Is there something that makes an international convention different or is it just at a larger venue?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

At the Internationals, cultists from other countries are invited. This gives the WTS an additional opportunity to put together overpriced tour packages, netting additional revenue for the cult.

It also allows the special cultists invited to the convention an opportunity to show loyalty to the WTS by following pharisaical directions like not wearing jeans while out in public. And it gives them bragging rights once they return to their home country.

Basically, an exercise in building cult bonds, all the while enriching the cult. Pretty good scam, eh?

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

It used to mean among other things that you would have the honor of hosting (approved) delegates from other countries. So think, big group of happy, waving friends from South Korea - some sporting native garb. Probably won't be a lot of delegates travelling from Somalia or Chad.

• losingit
    losingit

Can anyone go to the International Convention? Do you need a special invite to get in or is it basically open to the public? I know they discourage random brothers from attending without a special invitation, but Im wondering if there's any way they could stop you.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In the past International Conventions meant larger venues and more days of the Assembly itself.

Unfortunately the same old lies, ignorance and bullshit by the Watchtower Publishing house.

Not surprising they would do this being this year marks 100 years of absolutely nothing happening

as the WTS. said would happen .

Why not hype something up more just to keep the flock of brainwashed drones at bay.

The WTS. heads might be getting a little nervous about being confronted by " The Truth "

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

So with an international convention are a lot of the smaller conventions then not held to better ensure that the venue is filled up....I see there are no conventions scheduled in Richmond, VA or Hampton, VA for English speaking folks, I would assume that is so they will attend the Landover, MD convention, am I correct in this assumpton?

• paladin
    paladin

It's a money maker. Last year in January we had a finacial resolution to donate money to help special delegates to travel to International Conventions world wide. The WT$ must have made at least one billion dollars from the sell off of their New York properties. It's never enough.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Can anyone go to the International Convention? Do you need a special invite to get in or is it basically open to the public? I know they discourage random brothers from attending without a special invitation, but Im wondering if there's any way they could stop you.

This is a good question. My wife is a never ending on again, off again study and was wondering if she would be able to attend if it was an 'on again' period or would she require a special invitation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit