The question of the crucifix.

by quellycatface 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As a symbol of faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus it is fine for believers, because that is the message it conveys to normal people who do not carry WT nonsense as baggage.

For others who wish to wear it simply as an item of jewellery, that is fine too, why not ?

"Should we really wear it on our necks ?"

"We" can do what we damn well like, wear it on the top of our heads if we want.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Quelly:

I agree with you. The student said nothing in the demo about giving honor to the cross she had. Instead, it was a keepsake to remember her grandmother by. (She wasn't even using to 'remember Jesus' by!) And the sister, after having Acts 19:19 read, said nothing about the cross either. She simply had the student to read the verse and, after reading it, the student quickly figured out that she needed to get rid of her keepsake.

It was totally mindless. I have a bunch of reference books in my personal library that have cross cover art on them. It's meaningless.

Many JWs still use the argument that the cross was used in pagan worship. 'That is why Jesus couldn't have died on one.' By the same logic he couldn't have died on a stake either. (e.g. Exod 34:13; Deut 7:5; 12:3; numerous others) Curiously, "sacred poles" are mentioned numerous times in the NWT. But crosses, as objects of worship, never are.

NeverEnding:

I appreciated your comments. They pride themselves on being the smartest people on earth. But when you try to reason with them you are only left shaking your head in disbelief.

Take Care

• Splash
    Splash

I would love for the sign of the son of man to be a cross - it would be recognised by the whole world as representing Christ.

(Matthew 24:30)
    "Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief"

That would leave the Witnesses scratching their heads.

Splash.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. may have gotten the bible teaching of not making graven images and worshipping them right, which was typical by

most ancient pagan idolized states of worship but the cross stake was indeed used for Crucifixion by the ancient Romans and

this can be collaborated by archaeological findings.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That's the great thing about democracy. We can wear whatever we want on our necks, heads, belts, etc. It is our right, or our wrong. Either way, we are free to do it.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit