Yay! Apostates are no longer "mentally diseased!"

by rory-ks 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4thgen
    4thgen

I believe Barb Anderson was also part of the change. She wrote a very detailed and scathing letter about the term. Its published on this site. There will not be any retractions in the literature, Im sure. The damage is done and the seeds planted.

• minimus
    minimus

The jws won't remember one term over another, in time. Think about it, if a person does have a mental disease, he truly may not be responsible for his thoughts or actions.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As some of are newer apologist members have said, you must believe that the interpretations of the GB are from God, even if they are wrong. To even question those interpretations is prideful. What right do any of us have to point out an error on the part of the most spiritually astute collective of humble, fallible, non-inspired men ever assambled in all of human history?

Prideful, it just makes sense.

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As some of are newer apologist members have said, you must believe that the interpretations of the GB are from God, even if they are wrong. To even question those interpretations is prideful.

Yup..........and as long as the 8 paedophile protecting men in Brooklyn can guilt trip the R&F into this mind set is the longer those 8 men can live like rock stars!

Cult anyone?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Minimus said ," The jws won't remember one term over another, in time. Think about it, if a person does have a mental disease, he truly may not be responsible for his thoughts or actions."

As on Elder recently stated about householders, "We [JWS] have the cure! That's why we preach the truth [JWism]. Even if they come to the door spouting nonsense because of delerium from their weak spiritual state..." Blah, Blah, Blah...

They may start branding those who disagree with the GB as "spiritually sick/weak/, instead of "mentally diseased."

DD

• cantleave
    cantleave

I liked being mentally diseased. It was my excuse to be bad.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I guess non English speaking apostates are still mentally diseased...as there is no plan to have new grey bibles in other languages than English.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit