Enter the Power Couple, assume the position .

by sparrowdown 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Is it possible that some leave because they've realized that they've been acting repugnant and arrogant, and have concluded that if they stay, it will become permanent?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wouldn't that be nice, Vidiot, if human nature worked that way! :) How many of us left because we didn't like the kind of people we were turning into? If only we had that kind of self-corrective programming.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Apognophos - "How many of us left because we didn't like the kind of people we were turning into?"

Hmm.

Yeah, I wonder...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I was never comfortable with the fact that you had to become hard as nails to survive in the congregation. The dog eat dog, survival of the fittest mentality worked against true christianity in my book. In the end I had to make a decision do I want to be JW or do I want a functioning conscience. The answer became clear.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

As more and more individuals of conscience leave authoritarian regimes, the ruthless end up the only ones left in leadership positions.

Following that, it doesn't take long for an organization to cripple its own inability to function.

• hoser
    hoser

The abusive type of power hungry pioneer does the watchtower organization more harm than good. Every congregation has them at one time or another. It seems that if a power couple move into a congregation where there already is a power couple One or the other will move on. No room at the top for two couples like this.

I am witnessing this with my very eyes. A so called power couple moved into our congregation and the sheep scatter. Many regular attendees quit coming. Elders moved, pioneers moved, the attendance is very low at the meetings.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "...I am witnessing this with my very eyes..."

No pun intended, of course.

So you got a front row seat at your congregation's slow disintegration, huh?

I have to say, that's gotta be interesting to see.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You all make some excellent points.

hoser - That is true what you say, often it is a case of "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" once a new power couple moves in.

Except in our old cong the power families joined forces and became like the mafiosa! It was truly frightening to watch.

cheers everyone

sparrowdown

Quote of the Day

"you talk, I'll get the rum" captain Jack sparrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit