Do You Honestly Believe That You Would Have Officially Left The JW Religion If They Didn't Shun You?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

....I left because it was all WBT$ BS..

...........................And..

...The JW`s in Charge had the IQ of a..

............................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I left because I realized it wasn't the 'truth'. That was all it came down to for me. Whether or not I would be shunned as a result was of secondary importance. It was something I had to do for my own mental health.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I left because of the back-biting, church politics, and position power struggles.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I da'd because of the information I read here.I realized it wasn't the truth and just a cult. I am so glad I did, otherwise I would have always wondered.Don't care if they shun me.they are the ignorant ones.I have my freedom and thinking powers.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

I left because I didn't want to go door to door anymore and that was pretty much required in my extended family. However I thought I could just leave

who knew that two years later they would be hunting me down (with my mother's help, she gave them my address) to find any goods on me. Funny how

my cousin told me I could leave at any time, she left successfully, married a non JW and is still very much accepting in the JW part of the family. Of course they had much more money than my mom so I guess I was much more expendable.

• minimus
    minimus

It's weird that sometimes they go after some people and others, not at all.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

I and my family left before they started shunning. In fact, after we had left for over a year, we suddenly got a phone call from an elder with another elder secretly on the phone asking us questions about the Holidays.

Shana

• humbled
    humbled

I left and had to. I just couldn't go when I realized the whole thing was rotten from the head down. It had made me sick, too. The shunning didn't matter one way or the other. But looking back and knowing that my best friend and I said good-by because she knew they would Df me if I disassociated--well, it is revolting to have not seen the sickness of it before.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

humbled the whole thing was rotten from the head down. It had made me sick --well, it is revolting to have not seen the sickness of it before.

Yes you put it perfectly. The whole thing about them is revolting and sickening. At least in my case it was.

Shana

• minimus
    minimus

They have been shunning since Rutherford's days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit