Is this proof that JWs are false prophets?

by Comatose 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DogGone
    DogGone

Wow... Comatose and Bennyk... Wow. Thank-you for sharing these quotes.

• kaik
    kaik

There is about 275,000 to 325,000 people around the world who are older than 100 years. By next 10 years about 99% will be dead. There is about 3000 individuals older than 110 and only eight women who were born in the 19th century.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

"Jehovah's witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect."

This is rationalisation, justification and just plain excusation gone crazy. "In their eagerness", "suggested" and dates that "turned out to be incorrect" are just trite phrases that minimise the truth of the situation.

The plain facts are that they misled their flock. And as such are false prophets. 1975 saw the end of any remaining WT credibilty.

There you go. On the basis of their past reputation they are not to be trusted. People who want to serve their God would probably get more of his approval by joining the Boy Scouts.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

sums them up nicely, copied!

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Nope. That was me too.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I'm very grateful for that scan, Comatose. I've already put it to good use

Here's an important point I recently thought of and mentioned in the link above:

The organization tries to extricate itself from being labeled a false prophet on the grounds that it did not say literally and explicitly 'these are the words of Jehovah' or that they're giving the predictions 'in the name of Jehovah'. Does a false prophet have to say so literally and explicitly? Wouldn't misleading his audience into thinking that his prediction comes from God and that he is God's channel, not also qualify as making the prediction in God's name? If one gives a prediction and label's it as 'God's promise' doesn't that amount to implicitly making the prediction in God's name? It would have to if you consider the way JWs interepret what it means to be baptized in Jesus' name. JWs claim that they're baptized in Jesus' name yet the one who baptized them didn't literally say, when immersing them: 'I baptize you in the name of Jesus'.

So the next time a JW tells you they didn't say 'these are the words of Jehovah' or that the prediction was made 'in the name of Jehovah' you can retort by telling them that according to that reasoning they were not baptized in Jesus' name since the one who baptized them didn't say 'I baptize you in Jesus' name'. That should get them thinking. LOL.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

One thing to remember when they first started the "this generation would not pass away" It was the generation old enough to realize the importance of the things that they say happen in 1914. They originally said these ones would have to be about 15 years of age and only as time went on did they reduce the age. So the original generation that would not pass away is infact 115 years old, how many of those individuals are still around today??

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Bennyk, I looked up the march 1984 wt reference you quoted on the cd rom of JW's and I can not find it? Please advise.......

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Jehovah's witnesses go around and teach and prophecy in their god's name. They may deny this but it's a fact that they all do it . "the end is right around the corner" time left is short.....they are false prophets period.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22

American Standard Version (ASV)

20 But the prophet, that shall speak a word presumptuously in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.

21 And if thou say in thy heart, How shall we know the word which Jehovah hath not spoken?

22 when a prophet speaketh in the name of Jehovah, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which Jehovah hath not spoken: the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously, thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Shana

• wasblind
    wasblind

Duetoronmy 18:20

But the prophet, that shall speak presumptuously in my name.

" The Worldwide Christian society of people who actively bear witness regaurding Jehovah God "____Reasoning Book page 199

Dueteronomy 18: 20

Which I have not commanded him to speak, that prophet shall die

" Some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world. "___Reasoning book page 200

Dueteronomy 18:21-22

How shall we know the word which Jehovah hath not spoken ? When a prophet speaketh in the name of Jehovah, if the thing follow not, or come to pass

Oops, Nu light.

" Jehovah's Witnesses are willing humbly to make such adjustments " ____Reasoning book page 205

Maybe Hananiah shoulda made some " Adjustments "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit