Happy Mothers Day to all Mommys!!!!!!

by Cassiline 42 Replies latest jw friends

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

YES 2 HAPPY MOTHER DAYs WOULD BE KOOL -- I still say single parents should celebrate both holidays and also a few JUST CUZ holidays in celebration of being out of the WT ORG//I hope I am making myself clear..the one dollar store comes in handy 4 us in that regard..that is where I am going to buy RANDY WATTERS and DAN HALLS B/D GIFTS !!!!

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Dearest silverleaf:

:You write: >May I lean on one of the biggest dogs in this forum for a moment?<

Can you clarify this statement please?:

Sure, dear one. Ms lilacs told me that if I cannot run with the "big dogs" then I should stay off the "court." By this statement, I understood her to imply that ex-jws posting here are "big dogs." I then inferred that you must be one of the biggest dogs here since you have taken the time to engage me in conversation, dear. Hope you now understand what I tried to say.

:>I wish to be as wise and profound as you, dear.<

Then study Paganism and perhaps you will someday.:

I have studied paganism, dear. Found it wanting. Mene, mene, tekel, parsin.

:I will honestly say I don't know where the tradition comes from, but I can say that setting aside one day of the year and calling it Mother's Day or Father's Day or Grandparent's Day or Secretaries Day or whatever day you want to call it, does not and should not diminish the respect and gratitude those people deserve all year long. Getting upset about having one day called a particular day certainly serves no purpose.:

I guess I am not upset about calling a certain day Mother's day or watever. My genuine concern is with how things originate (their etiology) and why people celebrate them. It seems to me that a lot of these days that are set aside are pagan in origin and they are celebrated for commercial reasons these days. I could be wrong. But it never hurts to study and find out where traditions come from, my friend.

• partners
    partners

HI MS HEAVEN! THANK YOU. MY MAMA HELPS ME AND MY BROTHER TO TYPE OUR LETTERS. YES, I DO USE A ALBUTEROL INHALER WHEN I NEED TO. I USE TO TAKE FLOVENT BUT NOW I TAKE ADVAIR EVERYDAY. YES I DO USE MY NEBULIZER A LOT ESPECIALLY AROUND THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS BECAUSE THE WEATHER IS WET AND COLD. I HAVE HAD ASTHMA SINCE I WAS A BABY. I WAS FINALLY DIAGNOSED WHEN WE WERE LIVING IN JAPAN.

MY BROTHER SAYS HI. HE IS 8 YEARS OLD.HE'S CRAZY! HE TAKES FOREVER TO TYPE A LETTER. OUR MOM SPELL SOME OF THE WORDS WHILE WE TYPE THE LETTERS.

TELL YOUR SON HELLO.

BYE

• Solace
    Solace

Partners,
    It is strange that you mention it. His acts up especially in the winter months. I think also because of the colds and viruses that go around during that time of year. They always hit him harder than most kids. Its so amazing that my son, like you, is very calm & casual about his treatments. We try not to make a big deal about his asthma around him but sometimes he scares the pants off us when he has an attack! When he was a baby I had him sleep right next to my bed so I could hear him breathing all night. I'll tell you a secret, I'll bet your mom still checks on you while you are sleeping. I know I still have to every night. Habit I guess. We still have to make sure everythings o.k.
    Take care,

Cassiline,
    Thanks,
    Its easier now that we know his symptoms and how to treat them.
    I was so glad when the Dr. finally diagnosed him so we could learn how to treat him at home. We were getting so stressed rushing him to the E.R. I will be glad when he can use an inhaler by himself so we arent quite so worried while he is away from us, at school etc.

• partners
    partners

Hi Heaven,

Michael's mom here.

We didn't know what was wrong with Michael for a long time. He was hospitalized at the age of 3 years and that is when doctors finally said the word asthma. From 10 days old (Michael is adopted)up until 3 years of many hospital visits we finally knew what was the matter with our boy. It was very rough...many many many sleepless nights and trips to the E. R. Yes, I still check on him during the night and so does his father.

The last time Michael was hospitalized for an asthmatic flareup was Jan. 26, 2002. As usual I am there during the day and daddy is there (after working hard all day) all night.

Michael is fine. He loves to swim. His favorite thing is to jump off the high dive into 13ft of water. He's a rascal. He likes skateboarding, rollerblading and racing his bike with his friends. His brother is the one who owns the cat (Silvia). She goes everywhere they go and do everything they do...until they get tired of her then they bring her back home. She doesn't like the skateboard too much but she does like to climb trees and play nintendo.

I feel your son will be just fine. Asthma is a disease that can be controlled.

Take care and may God's spirit continue to be with you and your family.

P. S. We are not Jehovah's Witnesses, just average everyday people who love our boys.

• partners
    partners

Hi Heaven,

I received an e-mail that someone responded to the "mommys" post. I was sure it was you but when I went to check the board I didn't see anything other than my response to you I wrote last night.

Take care,

Michael's mom

• partners
    partners

Hi,

I've received another e-mail that someone responded to the "mommys" post. I just checked but I still don't see anything...

Oh well...

• Solace
    Solace

Hi,
    Im glad you mentioned physical activity.
    Its good to know that he is able to lead a healthy, normal lifestyle.
    My son is very active. I would honestly say we are concerned he may be a little "too" active sometimes but thats a whole different thread.
    When he runs or becomes active, mostly in the winter months, he would also have a flare up. Excercize induced asthma. How do you tell a child that he cant run or play with his friends? I felt so bad making him sit down to relax while his friends are all running around having fun. Have you ever heard of giving caffiene in an emergency if someones asthma acts up? We tried it in a pinch when he was a toddler and it seemed to help some. Im not sure if it was the mountain dew or just the fact that he was sitting down and drinking something. I guess we would have tried anything at the time.
    We have been told that he may grow out of it. I hope so.
    He has seemed to have fewer episodes but at the same time, when he does have one, they seem to be more severe than when he was younger.
    Thanks again for the helpful information and advice.
    I appreciate it very much.

• partners
    partners

Hi Heaven,

Got your message.

Yes, I have heard of using caffeine but I would not depend on it. Caffeine is not a very strong bronchodilator. I guess we were busy seeing pediatricians who specialize in asthma treatment and prevention. The hospital here offers a very good asthma education program and we learned a lot.

It is my understanding that children do not really grow out of asthma, many just stop having symptoms. They may not have a flareup/attack for 20 to 30 years then one day POOF they find that their asthma has creeped back into their life.

Believe me I do understand the energy and stamina level of a young child with asthma. There were times when Michael would not sleep for 24 hours at a time, running around in circles, trying to climb walls, riding his tricycle all over the house, etc. He ran me ragged a many a day. His brother (also adopted) is only 1 year younger, so as you might think I had my hands full (smile).

The boys have never been in daycare and to this day they have never had a babysitter. I feel that no one can take care of them better than I can. When they were babies (we were living on Okinawa, Japan) I would put their helmets on and take them to the park everyday, weather permitting...2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. They were able to socialize with other kids and we all had BIG FUN! Then daddy would come home and the fun would begin again...riding down steep hills on cardboard boxes, bicycle riding (training wheels) all over the place...

Heaven, I could just go on and on, but I won't (smile).

Got lots to do. Will be moving to Germany in about 3 months.

As I have mentioned before we are not JWs though I have known a few ever since I was 7 years old. Did the personal Bible study, Field service, theocratic school, witness get-togethers, etc. I do understand their mindset however, I don't agree. Just like with all people, some good...some not so good.

Gotta go. Lata gata (smile).

• Solace
    Solace

Thanks again.
    Moving is such a big job.
    With the kids Im sure you are packing one box as they are emptying out another. Dont forget to take time out for a very deserved bubble bath and nap. Hey, we can still dream cant we?.
    Take Care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit