Happy Mothers Day to all Mommys!!!!!!

by Cassiline 42 Replies latest jw friends

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Dearest silverleaf:

May I lean on one of the biggest dogs in this forum for a moment? I wish to be as wise and profound as you, dear. Can you please tell me what the purpose of setting aside one day a year for your dad or mom is? Why not honor them everyday? Where does this tradition come from, dear?

:Hilda,

Maybe you should call yourself Hilda in Paul rather than Hilda in Christ if you think the words of a mysogynist apostle are more important than the Commandment that says 'Honor thy father and mother.':

I quoted both accounts, dearie. I think both enjoinders are equal in authority and go hand-in-hand, hon. And stop the circumstantial ad hominem on my brother Paul.

:I always thought that old argument was so weak - 'oh shouldn't everyday be mother's day... blah blah blah...' It certainly doesn't hold true for those whose parents are DF or DA and are shunned with the idea that it's more important to follow the laws of the WTS than the Bible.:

Why is the argument about everyday being mother's or father's day weak? O tell me, wise one of the forum?

And as far as honoring one's parents who are DF or DA goes, they should still receive honor for being one's parents. This does not mean that a child should unnecessarily hobknob with her parent's though if they are not part of the body, silver.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Happy mothers day to you,Cassi,and all the wonderful mothers here.

Hilda,it is truly sad that you feel the need to come along and pick a fight in a perfectly nice thread.If you find us so offensive,do yourself and us a favor,and go away.We've been there,done that,got the scars to prove it,and you're not talking us into going back.

Nuff Said,
    Cowboy

It took me quite a while to realize that the real deal is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you.
    ~Stevie Ray Vaughn

• Solace
    Solace

Cassiline,
    Very sweet post.
    "For all the Mommys who stay up all night with a sick child".
    My son had an asthma episode last night. He's fine now but we were up until 4:00am.
    Dad also stayed up, he was worried too.

Happy Mothers Day everyone!

I am enjoying a day at home with the family.
    No running errands and no chores. We promised ourselves!

Hilda,
    Fingers in ears.
    La,la,la
    I cant hear you......
    La,la,la

Happy Mothers day Hilda!!

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Dearest hilda,

You write: >May I lean on one of the biggest dogs in this forum for a moment?<

Can you clarify this statement please?

>I wish to be as wise and profound as you, dear.<

Then study Paganism and perhaps you will someday.

Can you please tell me what the purpose of setting aside one day a year for your dad or mom is? Why not honor them everyday? Where does this tradition come from, dear?

I will honestly say I don't know where the tradition comes from, but I can say that setting aside one day of the year and calling it Mother's Day or Father's Day or Grandparent's Day or Secretaries Day or whatever day you want to call it, does not and should not diminish the respect and gratitude those people deserve all year long. Getting upset about having one day called a particular day certainly serves no purpose.

>Why is the argument about everyday being mother's or father's day weak? O tell me, wise one of the forum?<

It's weak because it's usually used by people, at least in my personal experience, who do not honor their parents at all. It's usually an argument uttered with a smug grin by someone who thinks they are spouting a profundity that they think the rest of us are too shallow to understand.

Silverleaf

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

happy mother's day mommies!

• partners
    partners

Testing testing 123...

• partners
    partners

HI MS HEAVEN! I HAVE ASTHMA TOO. I AM 9 YEARS OLD AND I AM GLAD YOUR SON IS FEELING BETTER.

ON THIS SPECIAL DAY WE, (MY BROTHER AND ME)WISH ALL YOU MOMMYS OUT THERE A VERY VERY HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY AND TO REMIND YOU TO ALWAYS BELIEVE IN CHILDREN...OUR FUTURE

ALWAYS BELIEVE IN CHILDREN

In their A bilities. B rilliance. C ourage. D reams. E nergy. F uture. G ifts. H umor. I nnocence. J ourney. K indness. L earning. M agic. N eeds. O utlook. P otential. Q uestions. R each. S uccess. T alent. U niqueness. V ictories. W onder. eXcellence. Y outh. Zest.

BELIEVE IN ALL THE PROMISE AND POSSIBILITIES CHILDREN HOLD. IT'S AS SIMPLE AS A B C

• termite 35
    termite 35

Cassiline, that was so nice!i'm printing it out.HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of you lovely lot...in Britain we have it later than you...Have decided to have two a year from now on!!!

• Solace
    Solace

partners,
    Thank you.
    You are a very good writer.
    You have asthma? Do you use an inhaler?
    My son is too young to use one so we use a nebulizer. Its sort of a breathing machine that has a mask. You may have used one when you were little. Take care and thank you for writing.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Partners,
    What a wonderful tribute to children, I am printing it out to save it.
    Please take of yourself, asthma can be such a distressing disease.

ALWAYS BELIEVE IN CHILDREN

In their A bilities. B rilliance. C ourage. D reams. E nergy. F uture. G ifts. H umor. I nnocence. J ourney. K indness. L earning. M agic. N eeds. O utlook. P otential. Q uestions. R each. S uccess. T alent. U niqueness. V ictories. W onder. eXcellence. Y outh. Zest.

BELIEVE IN ALL THE PROMISE AND POSSIBILITIES CHILDREN HOLD. IT'S AS SIMPLE AS A B C

Heaven, glad to hear your son is doing better. It must be so hard on both you and your hubby. Its scary when one has a sick child to cope with. I'm here if ya ever need to chat about it.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit