Book called "Crisis of Concience" by ...

by cmac 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Neyank,

You can say that again. Poor Fred Hall never has read either of them. He is so loyal to his mommy, that anything even remotely critical, get his ire up. Fred Hall and millions like him, keep the WTBS going strong.

***As far as those that are afraid to read those books, ask yourselves why.
    Why is an orginization afraid of those books? Why has the WTS told their followers not to read them?
    What are they afraid of if they indeed have the truth?***

No matter how a loyal Jdub answers your question ie: 'not sprititualy upbuilding'...'eating at the table of demons'...'not faith building'..you name it, they in their heart of hearts are desperate to know what those books contain. Reminds of the old Plantation owner's who desired to keep their 'slaves' in line. Teaching a slave to read and write was unheard of. Can't read can't form any independent thoughts or plans. WTBS keeps the entire brotherhood enslaved via this ridiculous 'ban' on reading anything other than Watchtower drivel. Is it any wonder that Fred Hall's flourish?

Ray Franz is so far from being hatefull it isn't even funny. One of the most unbiased and reasoned expose's I have ever read.

DannyBear

• somebody
    somebody

Hi,

I've read the book and learned alot. He does tell how th GB come to making decisions on topics that involve followers very lives. You'll be shocked when you read it, and Ray also told his story of what happened to him in a kind way. He wasn't WBTS bashing at all, as Fredhall is trying to lead you to believe. Most of us that have read it are amazed at how nice he told it and have a hard time understanding why he wasn't full of anger when telling it. Ray is a very loving, caring man.

peace,
    somebody

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

that is the one thing that i was really impressed by in both of franz's books..his love for his mislead brothers. the info is vast in the "search" book, and was an eye opener in so many respects.
    it just confirmed the things i knew in my heart...wtbs does not have the truth..only Jesus does
    i reccomend that any jw read both of these books

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Cmac,
    I was an active JW for almost forty years. (from birth) There is a huge difference between people who are disgruntled and angry and just out to get back at the JW's and those who are sincere in their concerns.
    Reading Ray Franz' book, it is very apparent, that he is a deeply religious and caring man. He is not out to get the Witnesses. He is just very concerned about the harm they have caused to so many people.
    He fairly and honestly presents these effects. And he also gives inside information that active JW's do not have available to them. Because they are strongly discouraged from reading anything other than what the WT prints.
    A read well worth taking the time for.
    TW

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I did not intend to make a comment on this thread because I think that the topic has been sufficiently covered...That happened when the originator of the thread said: "I'm going to read it just because I'm curious and I want to know first hand and make my own conclusions."
    However, I did read the posts after that and TW's post has a very interesting observation in it:

There is a huge difference between people who are disgruntled and angry and just out to get back at the JW's and those who are sincere in their concerns.

The former category is how ALL who do not support the WTS are viewed and presented to the R&F. There is never even the hint of a suggestion that any could be of the latter category.
    I think that knowing that can be beneficial in dealing with those still under the influence.(SIU) This can be especially helpful to those that still attend meetings occasionally and have maintained contact with friends and family that are still SIU.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• trevor
    trevor

Raymond Franz, as part of the Governing Body, was responsible for writing some of the literature supplied to the membership. He was believed when he was part of the Society. His testimony is worth no less now that he has found the courage to leave and speak out.

His fascinating story along with copies of the correspondence that took place is available in his book. For an in-depth insight into the inner workings of the Watchtower Society and photocopies of their history of pronouncements, I can recommend "Crisis of Conscience," a heavy weight textbook by Raymond Franz. (Commentary Press - Atlanta - Released in 1983, revised and updated in 1999 Available through Amazon Books)

Many of those whose conscience also moved them to speak out and leave had served as Witnesses for many decades, in some cases more than forty years. The following quote is taken from a chapter in the book just highlighted, entitled "Price of Conscience:"

"They include persons who were prominent members of the Witnesses' international headquarters staff at Brooklyn, New York; men who were travelling superintendents and elders; women who spent long years in missionary and evangelistic work. When they first became Witnesses, they had often cut off all previous friendships with persons of other faiths, since such associations are discouraged among Jehovah's Witnesses. For the rest of their life their only friends have been among those of their faith. Some had built their whole life plans around the goals set before them by the organization, letting these control the amount of education they sought, the type of work they did, their decisions as to marriage, and whether they had children or remained childless. Their "investment" was a large one, involving some of life's most precious assets. And now they have seen all of this disappear, wiped out in a matter of a few hours." (Page 4)

Among those that left the Bethel home was Randy Watters, who went on to establish a Christian help group for the many thousands of Witnesses that decided truth lay elsewhere. The help group known as "Bethel Ministries" has helped many of these sincere people examine the Watchtower Society in detail. They have had to come to terms with the shock of finding that they could no longer support an organization that has failed the very test that it set for others.

To dismiss such dedicated long serving members because of their desire to speak the truth is a serious indictment. To label them as evil slaves and erase them from memory may have worked in the past, but as their numbers increase and more find the courage to speak out with documented reasons for their discontent, they will eventually get their message across to the many Witnesses who have never questioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit