Book called "Crisis of Concience" by ...

by cmac 15 Replies latest jw friends

• cmac
    cmac

Someone told me this was a great non prejudice book by this man Raymond...who apparently worked with them and wrote alot of their
    books, but was kicked out for not believing in the way they did
    disfellowshipping..Anyone know?
    cmac

• larc
    larc

cmac,

If you are only going to read one book on the experience of leaving, this is the one to read. He was a member of the Governing Body, so he knew it at the very top. His uncle Fred Franz was the president of the WTBTS. His research is carefully done and he writes without malice. I think others here will attest to what I am saying.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

cmac,

You call this a non prejudice book? This book goes against JW'S only and it discourage any to be one. He doesn't help others to have a relationship with God and Christ too. Shame on Ray Franz!!!

• trevor
    trevor

Available through Amazon books. First published 1983, 6 printings revised 1999. Pages - 422. Well worth a read. The best of it's kind. Ray Franz was not just a casual 'brother' but a third generation Witness, nephew to the then President of the Society and a member of the Governing body. Served for 60 years. If there are any mistakes in the above - done from memory - it's becauce my demons took he weekend off.

• larc
    larc

Fred,

I don't think you have read the book. Ray Franz is a deeply religious man and never attempted to turn anyone away from God or Christ. To the contrary, he was very encouraging and nurturing to others.

• cmac
    cmac

Fred,

So then does this mean you have read this book or have just heard these things about it?
    I'm going to read it just because I'm curious and I want to know
    first hand and make my own conclusions. Thanks for the input though.

cmac

Edited by - cmac on 17 February 2001 16:34:21

• cmac
    cmac

My reply was to Fred. Sorry about that.

Cmac

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

lark,

It is not important that I read that book or not. But, you know Ray Franz attack his brothers throughout that book. How can that be encouraging? Is it encouraging when he tell others that you don't have to tell people about the good news of God's kingdom is the hope of all mankind?

• ISP
    ISP

Hi cmac, the book gives some real insight into how decisions are made by the 'GB' and how they basically created an offence to DF Ray Franz quite unfairly.

You will find Ray deals with the most difficult subjects in a fair and straight-forward manner which is to his great credit bearing in mind the way he was treated. Afterall he could be excused for showing hatred or the like but doesn't plumb those depths. He doesn't have to. He just tells the simple truth.

So be prepared for some real eye opening stuff!

ISP

• neyank
    neyank

Hi cmac,
    Only read the book if you realy want to know how the WBTS operates.
    He has the insight into the JW religion that few have had.
    He has facts to back up what he says.
    It is not a book displaying his hatred for JWs.
    On the contrary,he cares deeply for those that are being mislead.

He has also written another book called In Search of Christian Freedom.
    Another well written and informative book.

As far as those that are afraid to read those books, ask yourselves why.
    Why is an orginization afraid of those books? Why has the WTS told their followers not to read them?
    What are they afraid of if they indeed have the truth?

neyank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit