It's not fake... I'm crazy

by Angus Beef 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Was it a meeting night?

• finally awake
    finally awake

we sat right next to an elder and his wife at the Pizza Hut last Friday night - awkward!

• steve2
    steve2

You were caught with the wrong kind of egg on your face. It was not theocratic egg.

Confession is good for the soul. Keep a list of apologies on hand so that when the small talk with the JWs dribbles to an uncomfortable close and there's no nearby exit, bring out the list, which starts with this apology (which has never ever failed me):

"I am just a worthless waste of space and for you to even consider me worth talking to, makes me feel so bad that someone as low and useless as me would dare take up your valuable time. I need to apologize to you right now - then I must take my leave so you are free from the odor of my existence: Please, please, please, forgive me for daring to exist....I must go now....If I ever redeem myself from the scummy slime of my lifestyle, you will be the first person I contact. But, until then, I must vanish and hide in shame"

Then slither out the door as quickly as you can and give a two-fisted air punch. Girl, you are free!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

finally awake: we sat right next to an elder and his wife at the Pizza Hut last Friday night - awkward!

Awkward for whom? You or them?

It should not have been awkward for anybody. That's the world I live in. Please come join me.

--

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Best to just pretend nothing is out of the ordinary. Smile n wave or they think you're running because of a guilty conscience rather than you just not wanting anything to do with the dirty cult. Smile n wave n look happy because it blows their little minds.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You could try saying to yourself

"I am NOT chicken crap I am angus beef and no one messes with the bull"

get a t-shirt even

• Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

^^^^ love it^^^^ I'll keep telling myself that!!! Too funny.

HUbby was asked where we've been. Apparently he said "here in this county" and walked away. We're not doing this fade the right way I guess. hehehe

• Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

And Sparrowdown, seeing this was your first post?? I'm honored.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Angus Beef, I am sorry you felt like you had to scurry away. On learning TTATT different people react in different ways, I am very extroverted anyway, so I left with a bang. But yout circumstances are very different you are trying to fade to keep in tact as much as you can, but you now have just shunned them because of your circumstances.

If you can't chat to them you may as well just leave the BOrg now, does hubby know TTATT?

Kate xx

• Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

Oh Kate, he's getting it! He is on board. He don't read anything online about the ttatt. He will talk with me about what I've read, etc. But as far as doing his own research, no. He is the one taking all the heat from our being absent from meetings. He sees it for what it is, Bull.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit