My Judicial Meeting was 6 WEEKS ago! Help me with a question.

by Comatose 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• whathappened
    whathappened

Our elder friend told me that someone threatened to sue them and they backed off completely. The Watchtower Society will not waste money on lawyers just to DF you. You may be allowed to walk away but some of your folks will probably still disassociate themselves from you.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Since you involved an attorney, they may decide you are not worth pursuing and just quietly tell the friends you are "bad association".

Or, by your actions, they may determine you have chosen to DA, and they simply announce "Coma is no longer one of JWs". When you hire a lawyer and threaten, it can be assumed you don't want to be part of their Club.

Doc

• cantleave
    cantleave

EWven if they don't DF you, they sure as hell will tell everyone you know to treat you as such.

• Ding
    Ding

I don't think there is any time limit on it.

• designs
    designs

Depends on the BOE. Threatening legal action will often times place your case in limbo for years.

Do you want to be considered a JW but inactive or do you want to renounce your affiliation.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I was always afraid of a judical meeting when i left. Not that i would have attended it but i was sensitive to being disfellowshipped. Anyway it neverm happened and as times passed i have used aggresive language when they have phoned or knocked on the door...not rude language but the elders got the message. Its so pathetic i wear a cross that my son bought me ( he was 8 ) and simply bought it for the beads on the necklace...but it is a new age cross and elders have seen this around my neck, but not in twos..i think they thing why bother, Mike doesnt bother us and who needs the agrivation we have our power bullying those within.

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

If they didnt make an announcement at a recent Service Meeting, you have not been disfellowshipped. If they did not contact you to tell you what their decision was, prior to the announcement, to allow you to appeal it, then you are not disfellowshipped. You have not provided enough information on facts that transpired during the meeting, and what your Lawyer told them in the letter to comment further.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit