My Judicial Meeting was 6 WEEKS ago! Help me with a question.

by Comatose 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Comatose
    Comatose

My judicial meeting was 6 weeks or more ago, and still no action. I used a lawyer and a letter to them AFTER I had already met with them and admitted everything. The crazy part was they didn't tell me that night if I was DF or not. They said they need to think about it and pray about it. They set up a time for a week later to reconvene since one of them had to go out of town the next day. During that time I had to think about it, I decided to fight and hired a lawyer. They never contacted me (which my letter said not to). At what point am I "safe"? I feel like after 6 weeks I am safe right now. Agree or disagree?

I will be making another thread about the entire story. Its pretty unreal... I'll try to post a sanitized version of the letter my layer sent as well. I hope that others could use the tactic I used and possibly benefit from using a legal letter like i did.

But, at this point, I'm just wondering am I free and safe? I would think if they were going to give a verdict and DF me they would have had to do it before 6 weeks? At this point they have waited too long?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Under attorney ethics, if a person is represented by an attorney then the other side, if also represented by an attorney, has to only contact the attorney. Since the WTS has attorneys, they should only contact your attorney to discuss this issue. I'm guessing that they will not talk to you directly.

Skeeter

• bigmac
    bigmac

safe--from what?

• suavojr
    suavojr

Would be nice to see the WT tell the elders to leave you alone, but in the world of faith and JWism nothing surprises me.

When do you plan to post the letter you used? This can shed some light into what they might do or not do. The good thing about the WT is how legalistic they are and if you find a legal loophole then use it in your advantage.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Are they going to ignore me and let me live my life, or are they going to still DF me? Safe from DFing and my parents, siblings, and all other extended family shunning me.

• Comatose
    Comatose

If the general opinion is its been so long I'm free and clear of them, then I'll post it. I just want to wait if it could come up still...

I did find a legal loophole I believe. But, its one that anyone with kids could use. I'll share it all very soon.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

As soon as they got the letter, the likely scenario is they contacted WT Legal. Legal possibly advised them to hold the matter in abeyance for the time being. But, don't consider the matter closed. Six weeks is a very short time period when it comes to legal matters.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

what leaving_quietly said ... you simply delayed the inevitable, if the elders were vacilating on whether or not to DF, your brazen conduct by hiring a lawyer no doubt made their decision easier.

They are after all God's Organization, they don't have to explain anything, they are a religion, they get away with almost whatever they want.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, the elders are just waiting to hear from WT Legal about what they are supposed to do.

Eventally you are probably going to be DF'ed. Legally, if a religious organizaion wants to kick you out, no court is going interfere.

For what it's worth, you have managed to tie up WT attorneys, annoy the WT legal dept., and scare the livin' bejeezus out of the local elders. You are going out in a blaze of glory.

• bigmac
    bigmac

might as well face facts. if you did something carrying the df penalty--and you arent repentent--then you got it coming.

your elders wont give a shit about the repercussions in your life--they will say its your own fault.

so--plan B time i imagine--damage limitation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit