Do you pray over your meals? If so why? If not, when did you stop and why?

by BU2B 48 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

To answer my question, no I do not pray over meals anymore exept for when I am with other JWs I do a 15 second head bow for appearances sake. I just came to the realization God had nothing to do with whether I ate or not. Many believers are starving right now whilst many non-believers are eating like kings.. Also why should god give me food while he lets little children in DPRK concentration camps starve to death. Also I came to the realization that if god gets the thanks for having food, then he also gets the blame for when there isnt any. I did it out of habit off and on for 2 years but the last few months I have stopped totally.

• cantleave
    cantleave

No point talking to an imaginary entity. I stopped as soon as I shook off the delusion.

• BU2B
  • minimus
    minimus

Almost never do I pray and when I used to, it was the quickest prayer imaginable.

• Laika
    Laika

Nothing wrong with a bit of gratitude, but to be honest I don't make a habit of it, but never did much as a JW either.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I guess if I believed in God, I would. I would rather thank the farmers that grew the food.

• Comatose
    Comatose

No I dont. I stopped when I realized I didnt want my daughter growing up with that horrible superstition.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I'm in a "No Praying Zone" of my own choosing.

I stopped praying when I realized I was talking to myself.

( Deep breathing has better results.)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I stopped, totally, when I realized that joke-hova never did anything for me except create problems and blame Satan for them. Why should joke-hova get the credit for my working to earn the money, my buying the food, and my preparing it? Why should joke-hova get the credit for the farmers planting the seeds (and often, enduring many hardships)? Or for the processors and distributors to get the food to the stores?

Last I knew, it was not joke-hova that makes the food grow. It is the sun. Does anyone thank the sun? Do we pray to the sun for thanksgiving?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Sometimes when my wife spends a lot of time on an awesome dinner I still feel like I should thanksomeone like a prayer. But, the funny thing is it feels like i should say prayer to her. Seriously. I was laughing telling her the other day. I feel like praying to her and thanking her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit