Did Jesus say his followers would be witnesses of Jehovah?

by blondie 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Good thread, and it just shows how rutherfraud manipulated the scriptures to invent something not even Christian , but a bastardazation of jewish and Christian beliefs.

• zophar
    zophar

Isn't it true that at John 5:32 "There is another who bears witness about me, and I know that the witness he bears about me is true." It is referring to Jehovah bearing witness to Jesus?

Also 1 John 5:9 " If we accept the witness of men, the witness of God is greater. Because this is the witness God gives, the witness that he has given about his Son."

Blondie, always appreciate your posts.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

(Oh, I saw dolfinc's Avatar and momentarily thought it was Adamah!! Their avatars share a resemblance.)

Hi dolfinc and welcome!!

Blondie, the WTS always claims they use scriptures in context. Maybe they simply forgot about Jesus?!

IT happens.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Yea and i think Rutherford wanted to seperate his organisation from mainstream religion so the name jehovers Witnesses. And Jehovers witnesses do think themselfs better than other religions. And even Jesus built his church upon the uneducated deciples with the commandet follow me...nothing has changed but the name to hook people.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello RIP

Dolfinc used his first post to prove a point for the WTS

" BUt here is something that may be a new thought to you...Of whom was Jesus " The faithful Witness "? "____Reasoning book page 208

His point failed

• rocketman
    rocketman

If a JW were to go to doors in field service and say 'we're witnesses of Jesus' he/she would likely draw a reprimand from the elders.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

wasblind, what scripture do they quote in "Reasoning" that refers to Jesus as "Faithful witness" ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Why are Jehovah's Witnesses persecuted and spoken against ?

" Persecution comes because Jehovah's Witnesses put his commands ahead of those of any earthly ruler."___Reasoning book page 208

What did Jesus command ? To be Witnesses of him in ACTS 1:8

Who commanded the name Jehovah's Witnesses ? A man who ruled as president of this cult

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello phizzy

They use John 5:43 ,17:6

Jesus made those qoutes before his death and resurrection an before

he was given the Authority to tell folks what he wanted them to do

in ACTS 1:8

Rev.1:5 Gives a description of Jesus role

not the green light to ignore his directive ACTS 1:8

I don't claim to be all scholarly and such

But the WTS got me beat by a mile when it come to bein' dumb

• clarity