Two Years of Repentance

by Nosferatu 22 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

It sounds like it's "who you know" and not about genuine forgiveness.

gingerbread, that is a typical story. seen it a few times and it makes me wanna puke.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

AndDontCallMeShirley - "WT is the only religion (read: cult) that believes the more they dehumanize, abuse, and strip an individual of their dignity, the more that person will want to be a part of the group."

Not quite.

Authoritarian high-control groups only really want individuals who will join and/or stay in the group despite being dehumanized, abused, and stripped of their dignity.

They're useful.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

so true, Vidiot.

A person who puts up with this absurdity in order to be 'in the group' is usually attempting to fill a void in their own life they refuse to resolve in a more constructive, rational way. It seems, too, that some people just have an innate need to have an authority figure tell them what to do in life...so putting up with massive 'dehumanization' to get it apparently is a fair trade off.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

.... is a fair trade off. Except such people can achive power and influence, even respect...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Nosferatu:

I am glad this man's eyes were opened.

You know, sometimes good things happen to people when they are disfellowshipped or disassociated. I know a person who educated themselves when they were out. They needed something to fill the void of not going to meetings, so they went to school which was much more constructive.

Also, a person who is out (especially somebody thrown out) needs to find friends and associates elsewhere. Often, they are pleasantly surprised as to how nice so-called worldly people can be. They even experience (or get to remember) what unconditional friendship is like. They even may come to the conclusion that they do not need or want the religion anymore.

So, keep up the good work, WT !! Keep on shunning people - even people mistaken enough to come and sit in the back of the hall. Let them feel the cold nastiness that emanates from the stupid drones in the hall. Then they'll stay out.

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

I was out for over two years before being reinstated.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The sad fact, though, is that even if someone stops going to the KH, they haven't necessarily stopped believing it's the truth. Someone could be mentally enslaved for decades after leaving due to discouragement and not realize that the sword hanging over their head is fictional.

Oh, and I think it's really funny that there's a rumor going around that the son attended without a tie on. Heavens to Betsy! Where's my smelling salts, I feel faint.... Actually, I'd just been wondering myself what would happen if I attended without a tie on. What sort of reactions would I get? Sadly I don't have the abiliity to experiment with that while also keeping a low fading profile.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LongHairGal - "So, keep up the good work, WT !! Keep on shunning people - even people mistaken enough to come and sit in the back of the hall. Let them feel the cold nastiness that emanates from the stupid drones in the hall. Then they'll stay out."

For a long time, I've felt that the biggest chink in the WT's armor has been its ruthlessness.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Now what about having to repent for something you have no biblical repentence over ugggg...got to love the W.T.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Vidiot:

Yeah, let the religion be ruthless. This means nothing to me since I have been 'faded' for quite a while. I do, however, feel sorry for anybody crawling on broken glass looking to be reinstated. Maybe in some cases it is because there are family members there they don't want to lose.

So sad for them and I hope they find a way to disentangle themselves from this quicksand trap of a religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit