Two Years of Repentance

by Nosferatu 22 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

As an outsider this stood out to me "The latest rumor was that his son (who is a baptized brother) showed up at the KH without a tie on."- in the real world who the hell would care much less even make a passing comment on it? and yet it is 'rumored' within the dub world?!

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Carla i was going to make the same point, but it just seemed so pathetic. But as we are on ties i bought a really exspensive tie at a car boot sale. ( the lady bought it for her husband as a present, he wouldnt wear it to flash) and it was a great tie, designer make and all that but flash. Anyway i turn up at the K.H in my tie i bought at a boot sale.( pure silk and quality) and i get told not to wear it again. Now i understand why the ladies husband didnt want it to wear to work, it was flamboyant, but i also learnt the watch tower is all image and superficiality. Things you learn from a tie.

• L3G
    L3G

Yep, that's SERIOUSLY out-of-uniform, no tie on! Approaching the unforgivable sin...

"I mean really, brother, who could treat Jehovah with such contempt, coming to a meeting with no tie on? The next thing you know he'll be partaking of the emblems!

What's that you say? James 2:2-4? I can't remember what that's about... What does the faithful slave say it means? Oh, that passage doesn't apply today. It was only applicable in the first century."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit