My Former Congregation is Dead

by Nosferatu 21 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

These absolute comtrol elders will be the wt's greatest liabilityl.

pride before the fall

• factfinder
    factfinder

There were two english language congregations in the hall I went to, now there is only one.

In a nearby town there were two, now it seems there are none, the congregation listing on jw.org does not mention them.

• Satanus
    Satanus

RIP, wt congregation xxx.

S

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

What else? Make him a CO

lol... true, true. Provided that he is firmly planted up the current CO's lower intestines first.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The Congregation I grew up in was dissolved too ,and no longer exists . They sent the people to suurounding halls . I think there was some kind of Elder trouble going on with in the old hall ,because it had a fairly large group meeting there.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There has been lots of consolidation going on, congregations merged, or selling of K.H's and then four or five Congo's use the same facility, cuts overheads for smaller Congo's, and releases cash for the W.T.

Simples !

I wonder how my old Congo. is doing, they split in to two, which means the same overheads for the same number of Pubs. I guess, but I wonder how their numbers are now ? I know a lot of young people related by marriage to some in the territory have moved in, so perhaps numbers are not too bad.

A Congo. not so far away that split in two, and then was hurriedly made back in to one again, as one of the two began to fail, I notice on JW.Org is still just one Congo. and this is after 12 or 14 years !

Another Congo. was merged with one in a neighbouring town about 10 years ago, it is still known by the name of the original, now disappeared Congo, and meets in the neighbouring town, still just one Congo.

Oh what wondrous expansion is (not) taking place !

• WhoYourDaddy
  • ptt7000
    ptt7000

I live in Indiana and 2 weeks ago two congregations became one. Attendance used to be 150 and 117 at the lowest. They went down to 35 and 40. There were when I went there 7 pedophiles in this one congregation 2 as elders. The former Bethelite will not serve since they combined because he had successfully bullied all the pedophiles to one cong now they are together and he went to another congregation. He says he simply will not serve with so called reformed pedophiles and what is described as a non practicing homsexual pedophile. My brother's cong all meet in one giant KH. 7 cong were blended to become 4 english and one spanish. They meet on 3 on Sunday and 2 meet on Saturday. This is in Alabama. The cong sizes are 50 -60. This city has however about 11 cong in surrounding metropolitan areas. So if I started selling all my stuff, downsizing from a 5 bedroom house an all my stuff fitting in a two bedroom home you would say I am having some sort of trouble. And so is the society.

• steve2
    steve2

ptt7000, sounds like the equivalent of musical chairs. Some choice!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have yet to hear of, in this country of any congregation mergers in any of the main metropolitan areas. The only mergers I have heard of have been in small towns. To be honest I don't think this is entirely due to people leaving the WT but I think in part due to people moving from rural areas into cities. On saying that how ever I can't say there has been a dramatic increase of publishers moving into the cities as they leave these rural areas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit